• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Chatting problem

ScorpionOwnYa

Landlubber
Hey everyone!

Need some help here. In Build 14 unpatched, when you talk to people you use the arrow keys to scroll.
But in patch5 you use the W and S buttons to scroll! I don't like that!. :modding
I wonder if I could change a text file or something to use the arrow keys when talking again.

Please help me out, it's a pain in the sail to use W and S for scrolling...

I was actually so happy they did this.

The old way you had to constantly move your hand off the mouse to use the arrow keys.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer above and beyond remapping them in-game. Which I'm assuming you've already tried. :(

I'm with you ScorpionOwnYa. If I leave my hand on the mouse too long it gets stiff and sore, so moving it to the arrow keys works for me. The new system is more efficient though.

Anyhoo, the folder you want is in POTC --> program --> controls. I forget if it is controls.c or Defaultcontrols.h , so I copy the whole folder over. :2guns I'm guessing that you only have 1 copy of POTC, so here is the controls folder I'm using. Rename your "controls" folder first so you can compare the two and tweak your controls to your desires. This is actually the controls from Beta 1 Patch 4. There is a thread around here somewhere where the controls are discussed. I'm looking forward to seeing different ideas there.

Thank you miklkit! It worked perfectly. I have another problem too. It's the music theme on the menu when you start the game.
It doesn't come up anymore. How do I fix this?

Music? Are you using the standard music? There was a typo in Morgans music pack that caused the music to not play there.

Back