• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help cheats(editing files)

noniac

Powder Monkey
QA Tester
Provisional
well, this site has changed a lot since I left it about a year or so
now I'm back, and troubles begans again, I downloaded the last version of build 14(beta 2.1) and I almost remember all I did to put again cheats(not all playthroughts goes with them) and some of them worked as they worked previously but the money cheat... I have done everything, I have modified it in characters_init.c and in storyline too but it doesn't work so please could anyone tell me where I is the line and the file that need to be modified?
Could you explain me too where is the line to change the cannon balls and other items you start with?
And how to make money cheat work on console.c and cheatmode?
in any chase I want a clear explanation on how to cheat and edit files in game
thanks a lot...

note that I installed build 14 beta 2.1 full on my stock game with any other mod working on it so it's clean and I remember how to put unique ships and models in console.c and works perfectly...is the other stuff I have memory problems with...so, please help me!!!!

I know the anwer is very long but...I need it, i'm getting crazy with this

I have no idea how to do that, but someone who does will be along sooner or later.

Set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .
For controls of the cheats, see the "Documentation" folder. Money can be done with cheat button.
PROGRAM\console.c can be used to give yourself whatever you want. Sample lines are in there; remove the // in front to activate.
To repair and resupply your ship with goods and cannon balls, use the first of the GiveShip2Character lines. Works in mid-battle too.
Load your savegame, press F12 and get what you want. Items IDs are in PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c .
Good luck.

I have already done what you said in internalsettings.h but when I press the numpad buttons(those at the right of the keyboard) that are suposed to give me money(6) nothing happens and is changed to 1 look
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE 1 // Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

and the console.c question is about this
SetCharacterGoods(&pchar, GOOD_BALLS, 5000);
SetCharacterGoods(&pchar, GOOD_GUNPOWDER, 10000);
AddMoneyToCharacter(PChar, 2000000);
the lines doesn't have a // and when I press F12 doesn't give me 2000000 money I tried everything as I said, removing the parentheses...
and there are some lines like EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "clock2"); or GiveItem2Character(pchar, "blade13+1"); that doesn't have // is the game providing me with this Items at the moment or I had to modify something...?
what does the */ and /* means?

what does the */ and /* means?

The */ and /* --- means that anything between the two is not actioned.

// -- this means that a line of code only is not actioned. ( used for individual lines of code )

*/ and /* --- ( used for blocks of code )

Hope this makes sense.

:doff

and the lines
doesn't have any // why aren't they working?????

In the console there is this switch
Code:
switch(0)  // Case 0 = Various test and cheat codes
{  // Case 1 = Location coordinate information
    // Case 2 = Automatic instant cheats in port
case 0:
// LAi_EnableReload();
  // Give ship
  // ------------------
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"QueenAnnesRevenge","Queen Anne's Revenge",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"RN_SteamFrigate","HMS Astrea",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,SHIP_CURSED,"Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  /*

This is a switch which activates the various cases in the console ( 0 - 1 - 2 )
The bit of code you want---

doesn't have any // why aren't they working?????

is in Case 2 --- so to get it to be actioned change switch(0) above to --- switch(2) & those lines of code ( plus all the other code in Case 2 will be actioned when you action the console.

Alternatively you can just copy the bit of code you want to action and put it here --->> for it to be actioned outside Case 2.

Code:
// Jerry-rigged console file.
//put code under ExecuteConsole() below.
//NK 04-08-28
// not needed I think extern void InitShips();
#include "SDK\LocatorWrite.c"
#include "Upgrade.c";
extern void InitItems();
extern void InitCannons();

void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  <<<<-----  PUT CODE HERE
switch(0)        // Case 0 = Various test and cheat codes
{        // Case 1 = Location coordinate information
  case 0:      // Case 2 = Automatic instant cheats in port
  // LAi_EnableReload();
  // Give ship
  // ------------------
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"QueenAnnesRevenge","Queen Anne's Revenge",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
  // GiveShip2Character(pchar,"RN_Ste

I hope this makes sense.

:doff

Yep, it's probably the switch that is messing you up; Talisman's comments should help.

As for the cheat controls not working, press the NumLock button on your keyboard and see if it works after that.

Back