• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Claire Larrouse Issues

Another trick, which I borrowed from the "Strange Things Going On" quest and which also worked, is to put the ship where you are:
Code:
       Group_SetAddress("Mefisto", Characters[GetMainCharacterIndex()].location, "", "");
Note that "Mefisto" here isn't the name of the ship, it's the name of the group to which the ship had previously been assigned.

Yep, thought of that one but the main character is not at the shore but in the canyon in one of the two scenarios, so I couldn't see it would work - might be interesting to give it a try I suppose because I tried a couple of locators from @Pieter Boelen 's list and they give the same error anyway - so perhaps it's not the chosen locators actually causing the log.

I guess I could wait in the canyon example to place the ship when pchar gets to the lighthouse shore - you still need to reload to ship before it comes into play - so there is a reload to be actioned for it to get actually positioned.

I'll come back to it in due course it's only an error log - the quest works fine to put Clair's ship in your face despite its protest.

Not sure if you even need to do use Group_SetAddress at all. Find the "Convoy Pirate" in quests_common.c or "Treasure Pirate" in MAXIMUS_functions.c .
Those are always generated near the player ship too. I cannot check right now, but I don't remember them having their position specifically set, so then the game then puts them "near you".
Both of those do use 'Group_SetAddress"' but do not specify a locator, only an island:
Code:
Group_SetAddress("Convoy_Pirate", sIsland, "", "");
Code:
Group_SetAddress("Treasure_Pirate", destination, "", "");
Perhaps something in this forces the ship to be somewhere near you?
Code:
Group_SetTaskAttack("Convoy_Pirate", PLAYER_GROUP, true);
Group_LockTask("Convoy_Pirate");
Group_SetPursuitGroup("Convoy_Pirate", PLAYER_GROUP);

Both of those do use 'Group_SetAddress"' but do not specify a locator, only an island:
Code:
Group_SetAddress("Convoy_Pirate", sIsland, "", "");
Code:
Group_SetAddress("Treasure_Pirate", destination, "", "");
Ah, thanks for checking.
I think that is then indeed the line responsible for setting the ship close to you, which is the exact same trick that you found as well. :onya

Back