• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mates. I have and will be out of the loop for a bit until this semester of school ends on the 19th.

If you guys want can post the interface mod up at some time.

You guys are doing great work. :bow

Ah don't worry Craiggo, not long to wait. :will

Its nice to see the mods been combined now, i've done my little part for now. I'm sure the other guy's MK and Officerpuppy etc etc will have a few mods they'll want to add. All i wanted to add was the RTBL and all the ships, because RTBL isn't fully finished i can continue working on that mod and update the files as and when the mod is finished. My testing seems to be going very well with no crashes at all and no conflicts with other mods. I will now start uploading to the FTP server for you Officerpuppy and other's to download. :onya

So what name did you guys end up choosing for this? :?

I don't think a name was picked so i just went with the nutral name for now of COAS combined mod version 1, which will be uploaded soon to this folder on the FTP COAS Combined Mod/ when a name has been decided then of course its name can be changed. Maybe when MK is on again he'll have decided what name to go with. :will

Well, I just finished d/l the COAS CM. I just need to finish porting the missing POTC and AOP characters and then I'll have to do a fresh reinstall so I can start modding using the CM as a base.

I was thinking about what Pieter said earlier about releasing patches for the mod once it's released.

Since version one is out, how will we go about patching? Surely it's easier than having to reupload all 300mb only for a few changed or added files.

Currently, what I plan to add in the patch would be my sound mod, two modded quests, the flag mod minus the dutch flag and the remaining POTC/AOP characters that aren't in COAS yet which I've already have seperated in a folder ready for import. And some Spanish soldiers which should of been part of the character mod but aren't for whatever reason.

What other mods are around that haven't made it into the first release which can get into the patch?

Basically a patch is easy to make, take all the mods you want to add and edit any files similar to one another to include all the changes, usinbg of course the files from CM. Now once all that is done and your happy with the new features/fixes you can upload it as a patch and it will be seen that way because it will only have the files that adversly effect the mods you added.

As for the mods that are already in the mod, there is a readme which includes the JCcomined mod 1.9 original readme with what i've added above that. To be honest when you look at what mods have been relerased there isn't many. One thing that could be added is the debug window activated already so if people wish to cheat they can and the windowed mode activated so people can minimise there game without it crashing. I was going to add them myself but only thourght of them after i had reached 30% uploading. :facepalm

For the windowed mode activated, you'd have to include an engine.ini file, no?
For the Build mod, I always refrained from doing that. :shrug

If it were me doing this, I would make a full reupload this time round.
I don't much like a 300 MB main file with a 1 GB patch.
And the more installation steps there are, the more people are going to be confused.
Of course eventually it's going to be unreasonable to reupload EVERYTHING each time you add something new,
so that's when you'll end up releasing smaller patches.

I always think that any release that is known to be fully stable, should be a stand-alone installer.
So that would be the main Build files, eg. Build 11 and Build 12 and Build 13.
Then for WIP files, it can be handled with patches.

Ok Pieter we will continue to upload the full install of COAs CM. :onya

I have started working on adding more cannon/culverine calibures, they are small with a new cannon for the fort, so the fort will use two types and the ships will have a maximum of 48 pounders.

Cannons
6LBS
10LBS
20LBS
68LBS

Culverines
6LBS
10LBS
20LBS

The guns have had some changes made to there distance so that they are no easy pickings when attacking forts, you will be within fort range wether you like it or not. :shock :rolleyes: The forts will be able to mount the following two calibures.
68LBS
92LBS

My long term plan is simple, the forts will mount as said 68 or 92LBS, the ships will be able to upgrade to 48LBS no higher. The lorgest distance is 700 yards, which is 200 yards in side the 92LBS range and 100 yards in side the 68LBS range. The damage taken at that range won't be as much but neither would the damage you do to the fort.

Next the weights have been altered as have the reload times, the smaller calibures will now start from 5 seconds increasing by 5 seconds for every calibure and the culverines start from 10 seconds increasing by 5 seconds for ever calibure. The prices have been changed aswell to include the new cannons. Because of the way the range for the guns was set out to increase by 150 yards for every calibure i have reduces it to 100 yards otherwise you end up with 42LBs that can reach over 1000 yards and forts that can reach over 1500 yards. :facepalm

I might add a few more calibures to the list, they might be.
22LBS
26LBs
34LBs

I'm not 100% sure if i should though. My main aim is to get the fort to work the way its ment to. This will all be updated in the next COAS CM upload after everyone else has finished adding what they wish to add. This gives me plenty of time to test everything and fix anything that courses problems. :onya

I don't know why I keep telling you how I have been handling things for PotC, since it's not me doing this.
It is probably better to let you handle things the way you want to handle it,
rather than trying to force "the Pieter PotC Build Mod 'style'" onto you all.
Of course if you need any advice or information, feel free to ask,
but this should be your project and not mine.

I have the following so far for V.2

Tenochtitlan (Modded COAS quest)--------------Officerpuppy
La Bella Isabella (Modded COAS quest)---------Officerpuppy
POTC-COAS voices------------------------------Officerpuppy
Historical Flag Mod---------------------------Officerpuppy
POTC/AOP Character Mod------------------------Officerpuppy
COAS Characters mod (Spain)------------------------Metazot
Katana Mod (Haubegen retextured)---------------------SPRUT
Cannons powder consumption/caliber fix--------------Hrv123

I think that covers everything that could be found here on the forums. I'm currently updating the readme with the new files and descriptions. Then I'll begin the process of actually importing all of that into COAS CM :nk

@Luke159
The readme included in V.2 will need some work, I hope you can fill in the missing parts once you get a look at it. Basically I've divided the readme into two. One which just updates mod and states whats new it. The second is a detailed breakdown of all the mods in the CM.

Pieter, i don't know about other's but your advice is important. If by listening to you we won't make mistakes that might have been made in the early builds for POTC then thats important and means this combined mod works out well. So far all the things that are happening are not big like in POTC but it can be the smallest things that make the biggest differences. And to be honest its easy to make a mistake miss something from a line of code and although the mod works fine that little mistake could be missed by everyone. All the things i have to add are going to be tested so i won't be adding those new cannons and fort fixes till i know they work and even then they will only be added once i know no more work is currently been done on the combined mod.

Sweat, thanks Officerpuppy. :onya

Have you got the powder consumption to work as intended? i know you wasn't sure at first what consumption rate was best.

Thats more quests and dialog fixes, comes to something when you have to patch your own game. :rolleyes: xD:

Ah...the consumption rate was still being tested? Well, I haven't added it into the COAS CM yet so for now I'll leave it out till someone can verify it works as it should.

Update:

I'm almost done, I just need to port the POTC/AOP characters, test and if all works well, I'll upload V.2 later today. A small addition ive made which isn't really a mod is, I've changed the version # in the "_mod_on_off" file. So now instead of saying AOP:COAS, it says COAS Combined mod V.2. :onya

LOL.

I've been going through the files searching for any mistakes and spotted one by myself. :facepalm In the BattleInterface i had missed out a ship the War Galleon which is now fixed. What i'm doing is rearranging all the ships so they are easier to locat, so if you was to view the ship_init file and compar the ships they would be in the same order as the ship_init file. That way i can locate and mistakes and fix them and also make it easier to find ships later on should some one need to.

Now to test the new cannons out and hope i've fixed the ispyglass.C file to include all calibures. I've also updated the bermuda shipyard so you can upgrade your calibure to 48LBs. I've left 68 and 92LBS out because they was added for the forts only and as MK said since when did a ship sail with so many large cannons as the 92LBs. Very few ships had more than a few 68LBs onboard but we will leave 48LBs as the largest calibure to mount on ships.

Update:
Only just managed to find some spare time and after adding the edited files that includes the new calibure guns i am happy to say they work and here is are some pictures of them in game.

I'm taking a little longer than expected. A few of the POTC models have textures with the same names as their COAS counterparts so now I have to dig around a few threads to find a way to open up the model and change the name of the texture to something else.

Once I fix that, I still have to rename all the portraits and compare the portraits to the characters so I know I'm not giving a pirate for example, a womans portrait by accident. There has to be at least 40 or so of these portraits across three folders. :modding

Update:
Models are fixed, now to fix the portraits and test in game.

Update:
I screwed up somewhere :modding My game won't start now. This will take a while :shrug

I suggest you test as you go Officepuppy ;)

Overwise it can be a massive inconvinence to try and find where you stuffed up

I'm taking a little longer than expected. A few of the POTC models have textures with the same names as their COAS counterparts so now I have to dig around a few threads to find a way to open up the model and change the name of the texture to something else.

Once I fix that, I still have to rename all the portraits and compare the portraits to the characters so I know I'm not giving a pirate for example, a womans portrait by accident. There has to be at least 40 or so of these portraits across three folders. :modding

Update:

Update:
I screwed up somewhere :modding My game won't start now. This will take a while :shrug

Bummer and best of luck ! Looking forward to version 2

Update:

Update:

You could install 1 character at a time and test him/her and that way you should find those that are coursing the problems. :onya

Indeed! I've gotten my game up and runing again prior to inserting the characters, I suspect the POTC were the culprits. First I'm going to install the AOP characters which are only five and test one by one.

If those work, I'll start with the POTC, one by one :facepalm

Span.jpg

Preview of the Spanish soldiers who should of been in the character mod but were left out.

Update:
Well, I placed the AOP characters and so far no crashes, but they aren't appearing in the game. I can't seem to find the file that generates the town characters. They aren't in the characters/init files, at least not the ones I'm looking for.

That looks better, looking forward to seeing the other stuff in game soon aswell. :will

As for myself, i'm having trouble getting the forts to show 92LBs as been mounted. they will not show the information for the calibure of cannon they have mounted which is annoying me now since i got it to work but had to do a reinstall not backing up those files i had edited to get the forts to work. I'm missing something i just can't think what it is. I have been through every damn file searching for cannons, 48LBS which is what they are set at as using by default, i'll get there soon i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back