• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The folders in the mods package will only have the files edited by the mod team and thats all, so if you copy for example the Program\scripts folder over to the game directory you will infact only have 1 out of about 23 files so your game wouldn't work. So if you have copied folders over then get ready to reinstall COAS because when you hit launch the game will not load and even if it did it would crash soon after

Luke i'm sorry to contradict you but when you paste a folder which have the same name of an existing one, windows warn you that you will overwrite files with SAME names. It doesn't erase content of the original folder. :)

The folders in the mods package will only have the files edited by the mod team and thats all, so if you copy for example the Program\scripts folder over to the game directory you will infact only have 1 out of about 23 files so your game wouldn't work. So if you have copied folders over then get ready to reinstall COAS because when you hit launch the game will not load and even if it did it would crash soon after

Luke i'm sorry to contradict you but when you paste a folder which have the same name of an existing one, windows warn you that you will overwrite files with SAME names. It doesn't erase content of the original folder. :)

Really, must just be my computer then, anyway thanks for telling me this. :onya

The Archive seems pretty broken to me ... I've tryed to extract it with the last full and beta version of 7zip and it still finds about 5200+ errors/corrupted files in the archive and it extracts only 9.7MB out of it!
Can anybody tell me what version of 7zip i must use to extract the files from the archive ?

Ok, sorry to say this but you are right the none exe version doesn't work either. We will fix it soon, sorry about the delay guy's. :onya

hehe...no problem mate...such things can happens...there are people who get money for theire products and make worser things ;)

@Mutko: as luke said this file is corrupted...let us wait and :beer

We are still working on the EXE, but I'm pleased to announce that the manual install version is working properly now. I've updated the link on the first post.

Just to tell you guys that I extracted the file without error and have been able to launch the game successfully as Jack Sparrow and his beautiful Black Pearl ship. Will be able to test this evening.

Thanks all modders for their work.

inquisiteur

thx a lot :bow

but i found little thing :d: as I extracted the file in the Program folder I get a folder named "script". it contains the ShipsUtilites.c...the same file is in the "scripts" folder...I only wanted to tell

Oh damn, yes it is ment to say scripts not script.The files within it go into Program\scripts :onya

**smacks forehead** Drat missed deleting that.

The version in the script directory is un-needed and can be disregarded and deleted. When I get a chance later, I'll fix that.

Cap'n Drow

OMG! What beautiful work! *sniff*
Davy Jones' Flying Dutchman is BEAUTIFULLY DONE! :keith I havent had much time to play as of yet, :nk but what i have seen is just stelar! :bow

Way to go guys on another fantaisic release :onya

What happened to spansih flag? It looks rather, well, non-spanish :cheeky

and interface during dialogs looks a bit weird too, with some diagonal cuts..

Hmm nice work :)
But i have small question

I play as Arabela and after i got o Tortuga sleep 1 night and when i go bac to tavern i was shoced a bit because i fund there myself (Arabela character) and i was able to recriut her as officer so my question -> its a bug or its was planed to be able to recriut your haracter even when you play it?

Second thing i encounter is that often soldiers in towns that carry musket have it without texture i can see just white model

@ McVily
1)It's the Burgundy cross, it's the period flag for CoAS.
Cross of Burgundy

2)I've had that happen to me with the CM and in Vanilla, I think it's some graphic issue.

@ Szatan
1)Known Bug, we are working on it.

2)Hmm....no texture on the musket. That's the first I heard of that, make a post about it on the Bug forum, maybe others have this issue.

The ability to hire a officer who's a duplicat of your character is normal. I don't know how we will fix that at the moment but it has been there since the stock game. If you press F12 you'll see a full list of all captains and there skills and locations. You will see there are some captains with a few clones. :shrug

Just one question in cm3 is the musket fix? I don't mean for the hero. The town mushketer and the fort musketeer. They don't shoot just stand there. In the stock game they shoot.With the mod added the musketeer stop shooting.In town fighting you have to chase the bum all over town just to kill him. The pic for the ship from potc is fix right in this patch?

musket.jpg

Are you playing with autoloading on or off? When it's on they should fire at you all the time, when it's off they fire one shot and then become useless. It's rather strange to be honest, I haven't quite figured out what's going on there. I'm pretty sure that soldiers that have the default musket fire at will, autoloading or not.

Although the matchlock musket packs a punch, in a way it's a good thing they fire only once, it's unlikely you could survive two shots from one at low levels.

On the plus side, I'm glad to see they show up in your game! xD: Some guys on the team reported that the musketeers would spawn with no rifles during the testing phase.

@ Officerpuppy

Auto loading on or off? I didn't know there was a auto loading button for musket. I know
that i never turn auto loading off or on. In which file may i find that code?

At the start you will see the box auto reload pistals was that checked?

by default it is checked, bellow is the option for hardcore game. If the auto reload pistal was not checked then you have to reload your own pistal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back