• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this then, instead of a white flag, what if we use the alpha and just remove the flag altogether? In seeing a bunch of ships with no flags and some with flags, it would help in the situation you have described Rum Runner.

Previously friendly ships should be unboardable after they surrender.
That's the way it is in the PotC Build Mod anyway.

Mates, Pieter, Luke159, Officerpuppy, Nixarass, Craiggo, and anyone else contributing lately that I missed,

If all are in agreement and in the interest of getting all current COAS mods together in a single package, I volunteer to compile everything and hang on MODDB as Pieter is suggesting. I'm already a member of ModDB and know about the file Pieter is referring to.

Yes i agree.

Some of your work has already been incorporated into the COAS CM, but it's still good to know your OK with it :onya

For some reason my screen capture function is not working but I have textures from the Hard Core Mod (Russian) of the interface items as well as the guns and swards that look much better. Unfortunately i have them in my game but don't know the exact files to isolate for the new textures/models/interface. What would you like me to do with them? I cant screen capture but I can upload the inventory and texture/models somewhere if you guys want? :nk

Screen capture can also be done with PrintScreen on your keyboard.

If you have a link to it I could d/l and dig into the files. I would also have to email them to ask permission to use some of their textures. In the mean time I'll check out the seaward.ru forums and look for any mods with working links, if I can make heads or tails of what I'm looking at I'll try and incorporate it into the CM. So far I've found a few nice things that will be included in the future patch.

The next patch for the COAS CM is going well. So far I've made several changes and added many more things including a new hero. I'm sure Luke is working on things on his end whenever he finds the time. Depending how far both of us has moved with our changes, perhaps the patch might be out by the end of the month. :sail

You are documenting all this stuff right?? Or am I gonna have to chase all this info down for the CoAS Mod manual too?? xD:

Seriously though, you guys are doing a fantastic job! I haven't had much of a chance lately to play the mod pack yet, but once I get the manual for POTC completed, I'm definitely gonna have a look! :onya

Screen capture can also be done with PrintScreen on your keyboard.

For some reason my print-screen button wont screen capture. It used to work but now dos not.

If you have a link to it I could d/l and dig into the files. I would also have to email them to ask permission to use some of their textures. In the mean time I'll check out the seaward.ru forums and look for any mods with working links, if I can make heads or tails of what I'm looking at I'll try and incorporate it into the CM. So far I've found a few nice things that will be included in the future patch.

Can I upload the files to the FTP?

For some reason my print-screen button wont screen capture. It used to work but now dos not.

I have recently noticed this too Craiggo, it's really starting to annoy me ...just out of curiosity, what operating system are you using?

start2010-01-0600-16-04-35.jpg

New hero and pistol model.

Windows 7 64 bit! That makes sense since it used to work when I had Vista.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit, I am gonna have to dig into this a bit more.

Ubercool Officerpuupy!!! :onya The new cabin textures and now this!!! You're really adding some depth mate! :bow Thanks

MK

I'd like to draw all your attention to out new Publicity and Marketing subforum.
The threads on the AoP and CoAS ModDB profiles have been moved there.
Feel free to make use of that forum and those threads to dicuss ways of getting your modding work to reach your audience!

And once again, I would strongly urge you people to take over your own ModDB Profile: http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods
I set it up and now it's up to you to keep it going and make proper use of it to get more people interested.
It's quite easy to use and it really does work. Especially if you post regular updates to show that progress is not dead!

Jones.jpg

"Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare? All your sins punished? I can offer you…an escape."

Hey may or may not be a PC, I'm still in the testing phase to get him to work right. The animations that I d/l him with are a bit off in their timeing, especially when he fires a pistol. I want to make him into an NPC for the flying dutchman quest but so far I haven't been able to find any references to the ship or it's captain in the usual quest files.

@ Pieter

Look familiar to you? The only thing I know of where he might of came from is from something called GIC or TDM.
Update:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images/davy-jones#imagebox
They look identical.

@ modernknight1

You are signed up with Moddb aren't you? Could you handle that aspect of the COAS CM?

Certainly!!! Be glad to. Time is limitted at the moment, but this weekend I'll put a narrative overview together covering what we have done, current ongoing improvements, and ideas/direction for the future. We can also use part of the overview as an intro in the Read Me for the COAS CM which I had intended to write from the beginning. Pieter has a good example of a PR narrative covering POTC Build 14 on there now.

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back