• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some left over code from when I tried to enable the musket for PC but it just doesn't work unless you have a dedicated character to it. Trying to play with only a musket an no sword is incredibly difficult, so I abandoned the project for now.

Have any of you guys picked a girl as PC and then used a cuirass? do they look all right or they suffer from clipping?

Neither, they look like they don't have one but they still get the benefits of one. The reason for this is we need a modeler who can edit the female models and give them the cuirass; we don't have modeler with these skills. I'm not even sure if we have the software for it though the Ruissan's have been able to create new characters, for example, Alexander came from a Russian mod. So perhaps it is possible to edit existing ones too.

I see, thanks for the answer mate! ^^

Is it now possible to use a musket? I picked up one but I can´t use them.
And what is happen to capture a fort, still difficult. By the way, to capture a fort with only 42 cannons it´s more difficult as capture a fort with 158 :shock
I fired 30 real minutes on a fort with 42 cannons, no one destroy. In the same time i fired on a 158 cannons fort, over 50 cannons destroy!? (with a class 4 ship, cal.48 and 42 cannons on board).

I have noticed some Bugs too

I have same problem here, (3class ship, 48 cal., 60 Cannons). But I remember at the beginning while I have level 5-6 class ship I did able to blast 1 fort cannon. Though I have noticed even thou no cannon blast (checked with spyglass too :keith ) I gain skill, And maybe just animation fault but it looked as if most of c.balls passed through forts wall without blasting, (maybe calipso's magic) :shrug

Also I ,too, experence *bip* *bip* sound and disappearing ships. :hmm And yes Multipling cannons.

But as for the Mod

It is most beautiful mod I have seen for some time, It made buggy game more than what is ought to be. Arts, Ships, Ideas I loved them, I hope you continue in your quest. :cheers

My Sincere Appreciation, :nk

Hey , anyway to make the cannon smoke last longer and be thicker for realism? Was looking around Russian forums for graphical mods found 2 but they dont work with this mod.

what does starting as a pirate do anyway? i started as one, a corsair, with difficulty captain(for now havent really played for nearly a year)

any advice?

oh also is there a place i can edit the brightness, contras and gamma in window mode? i cant see a damn thing at night, took me 10 min to finaly board the arabella my favorite ship :) im force to play in full window, in which i really dont line since im a always tab type of person, and it always crash when i tab :(

@ streifer

To play fullscreen and still alt-tab out, change this in "engine" file. The file is located in the AOP2 root folder.

Code:
full_screen = 0 <--------change from 1 to 0
PostProcess = 0 <--------Ignore
screen_x = 1024 <--------Your screen size
screen_y = 768  <--------Your screen size

Maybe someone else does but i don't sorry bud.

I give to you all a new Fleut that will be included in the patch. This ship is from what i can see the last ship that can be ported that is different to the other's. This Fleut has mounted 34 guns, 15 on each side and 2 front and rear guns, i have checked ingame to make sure they are not pointed on to make it look like they have extra guns mounted. The Fleut is called Heavy Fleut, we already have a Fleut Of war and we don't have a Heavy Fleut so thats why i picked that name. Here are some screenshots for you to look at.

Nice work Luke. Looking forward to seeing her in game!

Cap'n Drow

Thanks bud, :onya i have found a replacement for the Whydah aswell, the ship that its using at the moment is the CorvFrig50 but the Whydah was much bigger than that.

I was woundering why i hadn't seen the Light Brig, i forgot to add the ship to the files, i had tranfered the model, textures, and the ships interface texture to my game ready for me to add and test. So i have now added it, this ship was ment to be in CMV3 but will now be in the patch. Some pictures of her bellow. ;)

Question , will cannon damage stay the way it is now ? Or maybe RTBL patch can add some firepower to the ships cuz I doubt in real life they could take 100 volleys.

Question , will cannon damage stay the way it is now ? Or maybe RTBL patch can add some firepower to the ships cuz I doubt in real life they could take 100 volleys.

I can confirm what Vympel is saying,

I assaulted a Brigantine with a 32 cannons 22lbs corvete. I wasnt easy to demast the brigantine and it had several opportunities to fire and hit me while I was doing so, I feel overall that for class 6 and 5 ships the sails hp are ok.

Now, once the brigantine demasted I just went side to side with it, and both of us just fired about 25 times. So after firing 25 times with 32 cannons filled with buckshots, i took out like 25 % of its crew, while she took out maybe 10% of my hull. (the brigantine if I remember correctly was equipped with 16 cannons of heavier caliber).

The brigantine should have sunk my ship, while I should have wiped out all its crew, and its was even near to that. It was to easy for me to have a nearly invinsible ship, and too easy for the brigantine to have 2/3 guys shot everytime I hit her with 32 cannons.

Another problem I saw, but this may be related to the vanilla game maybe, although completely demasted the brigantine was just turning around as it wanted to, hence firing at me wherever I was going. The ship was just rotating at me without having sails, so basically I had no other advantage to take out its masts than to slow it down for boarding.

I like the light brig by the way :keith

Yes there have been changes, you will see more damage been inflicted on ships since that has been increased. The original testing was done with a MOW with 100 42Ibs cannons mounted at close range. I have since started looking at it in a new way and i was able to sink the Sophie in about 20 broadsides, however i did notice the little damage i was taking myself. Its going to require alot of looking into because i don't understand how the amount of damage you inflict on AI ships can be different to how damage is inflicted on you. :shrug

Either way the patch will allow for more damage to be done per broadside. :onya

.., however i did notice the little damage i was taking myself. Its going to require alot of looking into because i don't understand how the amount of damage you inflict on AI ships can be different to how damage is inflicted on you. :shrug

I wouldnt be surprised if this was impacted by the difficulty level, meaning your ship takes more damage at higher difficulty levels and vice versa.

Good point, that could be true, i will have to look into that. :onya

Two more ships ported over. One has been called the Queen Anne's Revenge. The reason for this ship to take that name is its closer to what the ships amount of guns mounted. The first picture is the Queen Anne's Revenge. The second picture is the Whydah. Both ships need there walk files doing. :modding

@officerpuppy

thanks im gonna try it now

EDIT:

ive tried it but it only remove the full screen, it doesnt let me keep the change i made in my gamma, brightness and contras, looks like i really need a new monitor... im still using my 6 year old monitor, with a high spec cpu LOL

Another report on damage I am playing on Captain difficulty , and my 52 gun lvl 4 Frigate can take on about 3 ships of the same class simultaneously taking constant fire and taking maybe 30% Hull and 20% Sail damage :shrug .And one more thing the higher the difficulty level the higher enemy ships hit point are ( this is rather difficult to verify but I think its correct)..

Ok, i have changed the value's but i'm yet to test it out. The patch with improve this part of the game, i rushed to get the final value's out because CMV3 been released. I'm taking my time for the patch because we do not have a deadline for its release, we are all trying to fix everything that we missed or didn't get time to fix in CMV3. :onya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back