• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played this game at work and now everyone wants to get the mod :drunk

Really? thats fantastic news, point them here to PA!. It would be nice to hear about there thoughts on the mods. :dance

Its nice to know that the work been put in by everyone is increasing the level of interest in COAS. :will

The Greyhound has been added to CMV3 patch. Here are some pictures of this amazing ship. Contracts to pgargon on making yet another nice ship. :onya

You can read all about the making of this ship HERE

Many thanks for the mod, it is great!

Only problem is that it takes ages to do a fight, cannons do very very very little damage and fights last so long, so i'm considering about playing dynamical battles instead of tactical. Any advices? :shrug

In the patch there are updates to the length a naval battle. At the moment its all under heavy testing to improve it. :onya

In the travel map I've got a pirate ship chasing me... and every time i engage in combat the game crashes to desktop... I've managed to escape now, but it's the second time it appears... You know, there's two icons for pirates, the small tiny, sloop like ship, and the bigger, frigate like ship. it was the bigger one... Let me know of anything I can do to provide you with more info to solve this, because in my humble opinion, it seems the ship type of that pirate has some kind of bug.
Correct me if I'm wrong ^^.

Its not the ship type for the pirate it'll be the ship type ie it could be the Black Pearl, a MOW etc. I haven't had my game close on any ships yet only the Black Pearl, if you wish to test to make sure its not your Black Pearl start a new game as Jack Sparrow as he starts with the Pearl. If your game crashes when loading the Bermuda port then you have the same problem i did and its was the textures for me. If its not the Pearl then i have plenty more testing ahead of me to find the problem ship. :onya

Its not the ship type for the pirate it'll be the ship type ie it could be the Black Pearl, a MOW etc. I haven't had my game close on any ships yet only the Black Pearl, if you wish to test to make sure its not your Black Pearl start a new game as Jack Sparrow as he starts with the Pearl. If your game crashes when loading the Bermuda port then you have the same problem i did and its was the textures for me. If its not the Pearl then i have plenty more testing ahead of me to find the problem ship. :onya

The black pearl works fine... sigh. I'll have to wait to see if others get it too...

Ok thanks, looks like i'll have to start encountering every ship and listing all ships i encounter so i can tick them off the list. Thanks for testing the Black Pearl out Zalioth. :onya

anyone here have a different mesh for arabella? like a red one, i remember someone made a mesh for it i lost the mesh he made though

Anyone else having an issue where every ship is listed as class 6? I just captured a Pinnace of War which showed up as a class 6 ship, as well as every ship I've seen for sale being class 6. Surely this isn't suppossed to be happening?

Also, some ships pictures (the icon ones from the f2 and store menu's) are still not appearing properly, just seeing a red square with the same generic ship in them.

EDIT -- After examining the ships_init file I see that many, perhaps even most of the ships are listed class 6. Wondering what was the reasoning behind changing this? It is fun being able to use bigger ships earlier on, but that was part of the immersion and the climb getting your navigation high enough (or finding a good navigator to pilot the bigger ships) to sail those ships that you encountered. Gave you a sense of envy :)

I was about to post exactly what shovelmonkey wrote ! :)

Got a pinnace of War wich is 6, and also some icons are missing for ships.

For CMV3 the ships are classed by how many guns they can mount, so Pinnace's can mount from 18 to 26 guns i think in which case means they are 6th rate ships. In the patch we have revamped that so there are less ships in both class 5 and 6 spreading the ships out more across the other classes however you will still see some Pinnace's in class 6. :onya

Hi Guys !

Who has problems with bigger pirate ships ( the PC beeps, or crash ). Keep playing, later you will have the same problem with a few patrol ships, BUT this problem will dissappear soon almost complitely, so just keep playing. I have this experience after two character.

For CMV3 the ships are classed by how many guns they can mount, so Pinnace's can mount from 18 to 26 guns i think in which case means they are 6th rate ships. In the patch we have revamped that so there are less ships in both class 5 and 6 spreading the ships out more across the other classes however you will still see some Pinnace's in class 6. :onya

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thank for the answer, Luke!

And I am enjoying the mod supremely, many thanks to all who worked on it!

Posts merged, please use the edit button in the future when the posts arent that much time appart (ie less than than half a day)

Love the mod so far: Quick Question

OFFICER LOYALTY

In the vanilla version, the game was bugged so "regular sailor', i.e. neutral officers would have a ever dropping loyalty, as it was impossible to make them happy. Has this been addressed in CMV3? On a related note, how easy is it to keep happy officers on both sides of the morality scale? Would having an honest captain and scoundrel be doomed to fail? or do actions balance enough that's it easier to raise loyalty with good actions than drop it with bad (for instance in the case of a good character)?

I can't say that i ever noticed officer's loyalty dropping. Increasing yes, the only time it decreased would be when i did the thing they didn't like. If i never attacked and only traded scandrals loyalty would drop if i played the evil captain and sold all captured captains or made them walk the plank the same with there crew the loyalty of these officer's would increase. If i focused only on trade honest captains loyaly would increase as would releasing any captains i had captured, if i did what i had to do to please officer's who where scandrals then there loyalty would drop. Most of the time the loyalty for the honest captains is increasing without any problem. Its rar that i play the evil captain and when i do its because i'm testing.

Hi and thank you for the mod V3 :onya very nice work..!

Need some help do,and i dont now where to ask so i ask here if it´s ok...
First i must say that iám new to play this game so......

1: Begginer´s guide...? just so you can get in to the game
2: I CANT SAIL- AWAY, When a ship sails on to me i get 2 options, one is sail away and the other is to engage, i cant select sail away so
i have to engage and fight..! y...??? please help :sail
3: where do i get the officers,bausun,skill´d sailer,gunnery etc.etc.....?
4: Brothels are...?? can´t finde..? :wp
5: World Map..???? In the menu..? Where is it..? cant find any map at all..? just the one when you sail the ship, must be a map please..? :mm :modding
6: I got some slaves on board but i cant see the slaves in cargo hold..? mod thing maybe..? nice to see some female slaves on board :whipa he he he joke...

Hope some one can help me please and ty again for the mod v3 :yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back