• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
2: I CANT SAIL- AWAY, When a ship sails on to me i get 2 options, one is sail away and the other is to engage, i cant select sail away so
i have to engage and fight..! y...??? please help :sail
I think it is your stealth (or luck) is too low.
3: where do i get the officers,bausun,skill´d sailer,gunnery etc.etc.....?
In taverns, but sometimes you can hire 1, 2 or 3 officers, sometimes no one is at the tavern
4: Brothels are...?? can´t finde..? :wp
Depends of the towns, some do not have brothels.
5: World Map..???? In the menu..? Where is it..? cant find any map at all..? just the one when you sail the ship, must be a map please..? :mm :modding
You must buy map first from a merchant!
6: I got some slaves on board but i cant see the slaves in cargo hold..? mod thing maybe..? nice to see some female slaves on board :whipa he he he joke...
Slaves are just like cargo, but you can add them to your crew (if it is like in vanilla mode)

2: I CANT SAIL- AWAY, When a ship sails on to me i get 2 options, one is sail away and the other is to engage, i cant select sail away so
i have to engage and fight..! y...??? please help :sail
I think it is your stealth (or luck) is too low.
3: where do i get the officers,bausun,skill´d sailer,gunnery etc.etc.....?
In taverns, but sometimes you can hire 1, 2 or 3 officers, sometimes no one is at the tavern
4: Brothels are...?? can´t finde..? :wp
Depends of the towns, some do not have brothels.
5: World Map..???? In the menu..? Where is it..? cant find any map at all..? just the one when you sail the ship, must be a map please..? :mm :modding
You must buy map first from a merchant!
6: I got some slaves on board but i cant see the slaves in cargo hold..? mod thing maybe..? nice to see some female slaves on board :whipa he he he joke...
Slaves are just like cargo, but you can add them to your crew (if it is like in vanilla mode)

Thank´s fore help mate, but if i whant to sail away and not engage, get luck level up...??? :mm

to avoid encounters you can get a perk (don't remember the name)...but to learn it you have to learn nearly every sailing perk...but with it you can avoid nearly every encounter

Thanks for the reply about officer loyalty, but it doesn't answer the question of whether or not the regular officer loyalty bug was fixed (i.e. never being able to make them happy, so their loyalty, not reputation, would steadily drop).

Also, I continue to have a problem that an earlier member posted about: boarding. I'm on lieutenant difficulty. I'm in a frigate right now, had a crew of 250 or so, and when i boarded a luggar with a crew of 100, I came out of the battle a few minutes later with a crew of 30. I know the guys running around in the fight represent a certain amount of crew... but loosing 200 or so guys to take out 100? And it was a *really* one-sided fight to boot.

Hey everyone,
first, you did a great job with this mod, I stopped playing COAS over 6 months ago because it was su buggy but you made me play it again.
I have one question about this mod, is there a storyline besides the one from the vanilla game? I played with several characters (Sparrow, Barbossa, Devlin) but I always get the same generic quests. I start out with a small ship, little money and almost no crew members. I have no idea how I can make enough money without quests to upgrade my ship/cannons/crew.

Hey everyone,
first, you did a great job with this mod, I stopped playing COAS over 6 months ago because it was su buggy but you made me play it again.
I have one question about this mod, is there a storyline besides the one from the vanilla game? I played with several characters (Sparrow, Barbossa, Devlin) but I always get the same generic quests. I start out with a small ship, little money and almost no crew members. I have no idea how I can make enough money without quests to upgrade my ship/cannons/crew.

Try running delivery missions for the store owners. Easy money, it's what I do until I get leveled up enough to start really busting heads.

Hey everyone,

1. Sell everything from your ship
2. Buy for all your money elixir.
3. Go to every house and steal goods, but take care!
4. Sell your stolen goods and buy elixir.
5. Now search a cave and fight to the enemy,
6. Sell the goods.
7. After some times buy a ship (small, quick and hire a crew, don´t forget weapons and medicine and also officer), start capture.
8. Sell the capture ships, cannons and goods - get rich and make history :dance

Hey everyone,

1. Sell everything from your ship
2. Buy for all your money elixir.
3. Go to every house and steal goods, but take care!
4. Sell your stolen goods and buy elixir.
5. Now search a cave and fight to the enemy,
6. Sell the goods.
7. After some times buy a ship (small, quick and hire a crew, don´t forget weapons and medicine and also officer), start capture.
8. Sell the capture ships, cannons and goods - get rich and make history :dance

You make that sound so easy. :rolleyes:

But yes a very good tectic for making money fast, and building your fighting skills up.

There's an alternative to hack n slashing right away in dungeons.

1. Steal whatever you can from the city
2. If you are still alive sell the loot, your cannons and go to the money lender - borrow as much as you can
3. Go to the store, check items highlighted in green, buy a full load of one of them, and embark on your journey as novice trader.
4. Once you find a city where selling the cargo is profitable, just repeat the process until you can afford a respectable ship.
5. At all times keep the crew minimal and don't hire any officers unless you find a treasurer.

The fact that pirates are thrown a you every centimeter makes trading a bit difficult at the begging, but I think that's the easiest way the start.

Thanks for the reply about officer loyalty, but it doesn't answer the question of whether or not the regular officer loyalty bug was fixed (i.e. never being able to make them happy, so their loyalty, not reputation, would steadily drop).

Also, I continue to have a problem that an earlier member posted about: boarding. I'm on lieutenant difficulty. I'm in a frigate right now, had a crew of 250 or so, and when i boarded a luggar with a crew of 100, I came out of the battle a few minutes later with a crew of 30. I know the guys running around in the fight represent a certain amount of crew... but loosing 200 or so guys to take out 100? And it was a *really* one-sided fight to boot.

many guys have this probs in the last time...

...check if you have enough weapons on board...your guys should fight liek this... :ixi ...not like this... :shock (ohh I like these smilies :cheeky )

Yes as a rule having at least 50+ weapons more than you do crew example if you have 200 crew you will need 200 weapons however carrying 250+ weapons will be the better tactic as there are more weapons than actually needed and the crew have no reason for not been able to fight. Boardings haven't been changed in CMV3 so i don't know why you guy's are having problems. Here's an example of loosing out. I was in a Frigate with 500 crew,, boarded a Sloop with 100 crew i lost almost 300 crew and captured the Sloop. There are two things that determine how successfull your boardings are, example in my case i couldn't afford more weapons so i only had 40 ish weapons on board, as a resauly i payed heavily for my attack on what was a perfect target or seemed like the perfect target and easy money.

The seond thing taken into account is how good your crew are at boarding, the higher this skill the better your crew will be. I think this also determins how far you can reach to board ships but i'm not sure, either way i think the boarding distance is too high, you can be with 4Ibs cannons just in range for the grapeshots and be asble to board with all boarding perks. This is why i get the first two perks because the second one is needed because you can fire a volley of muskets as you board. But i never get the last boarding perk, if i didn't have to get the first one i would never get any other than the musket volley perk. I never put a officer who's got all boarding perks in the role for boardings because then that defeats the object of why i avoided those the last perk

Of course the main thing taken into account when boarding is how many crew both ships have but we all know that part and know having more crew means you stand a better chance of winning the boardings however there are many times in real life where pirates boarded and captured ships with more crew than they had and the pirates still won, so having more crew doesn't alway's mean you'll win, for example if you boarded a ship and put your weapons away and began looting the ship and curpses you would see your crew will loose far more than you would have had you been fighting too. Thats because the first thing you will do is run to a crew member who is in need, or at least thats what i do. I run to where the fight is taking place and look to see which one(s) need my help the most and help them first. :yes

I was wondering if there was any update/change made to the v3 mod (after first release), because I read about testing.

I play as a pirat. Is there any chance to capture a island and make this as a pirat town?
I finished 6 capture, but always in the townhall i can only take money and goods - but i have to go after capture.

What can I do to take the town? Is this possible? As pirat? :mm

Nope you need to do a nation questline before you can take a town, i'm not sure if OP plans to change that in the future so that the pirate questline also lets you take towns once finshed.

Wouldn't it be nice if some free coders joined the team here in the COAS modding team. HINT HINT.

Only joking guy's, i hope soon though we will see a few of you guy's joining us. The amount of things that need changing and perhaps fixing would be alot of work but is needed. For example the pirate nation now been playable needs sorting out, the way ships are generated needs changing so that ships can be generated at sea but not all ships listed in the shipsutilities file (as is the case at the moment) will be generated at the shipyard for purchase. Fixes is something you guy's know what is weird, what works and well whats just a load of mess. To me all the code starts looking the same after a while of starring at the screen thinking i'm on to something. :mm

Thanks for all your hints, now I can enjoy the game :D
I gained around 200.000 pieces in 5 hours and now I can think about buying some larger ships.
But I have another question...is it normal that I can fire around 250 cannonballs on a ship without sinking it? Or does it change with more powerful ships? Because battles take ages if I don't board the enemy ship.

The more guns mounted on the ship and the higher the calibure the quicker you will sink a ship (depending on ship your trying to sink).

Ahoy Pirates!

I downloaded the .zip-Version of this mod two days ago. And now i have some serious Problems ingame. There seem to be a whole Army of new Bugs (Is there a Patch out for the game ? - haven't found one). Maybe my install is broke ? Here a list of things that happend after the installation of the mod:
- My PC sometimes beeps(the PC-Speaker) when the GFX switch to Seabattle
- Some Portraits of new Chars are not visible f.e.: Annamaria -> can't see her picture at the store or Companionmenu Arrows won't work in that Menus when i click on 'em. But if i directelly click on her 'invisible' Protrait i can select her.
- Same goes for some of the new Ships.
- I began as Jack Sparrow and got a ship named 'Wind Chaser': I don't know if its the ship, some other new Ships or the Cannons - I had loaded the shop with 32lbs guns and it took half an hour to sink another Ship the same size - i shot over 800 Cannonballs (all kinds) on that ship before it finally sank. Most of the 'visible' hits didn't do anything to the red Bar above the Enemy... The Knipples were most Effective btw. - Everything else was no fun.
And i got real close to that Ship. My Cannons must have hit from 30 meters Distance.
- My sternguns exploded a while ago -> Seems there is no way to repair 'em. In Menu are 16 on each side, but none front- or backmounted
- Some soldiers have no Textures when i board Ships - Some Weapons (Muskets) on Soldiers on Islands too.

Am i the only person woth that kind of probs ?
Oh, i nearly forgot: some time ago i had installed another mod i found on Pirates Ahoy! Really don't know what this was (Maybe an old Version of this mod - found V1.9 and 1.2 on my Hdd ?) - seems like ages ago. Mabe that could be the Problem ?
Edit: Just made a clean install - showed Version 1.3. As far as i can see the Problems persist when i install the mod.
All these bugs aren't a big deal to me - except the one which makes my Cannons worthless.

Hi there Fireant, good to have a response to the mod, the good news is almost all the bugs you have pointed out are been worked on or have already been fixed. However the patch is still been worked on and we don't know when it will be ready for release. :shrug

I don't know about characters so i don't know how thats going, i do know that the textures are been worked on, the missing weapons has been fixed. Not sure about the portraits. Ships with missing pictures is something that will take a while longer to fix and i doubt they will be fixed in the patch but i could be wrong.

Your guns will now be much more effective and the closer you are the more effective they will be. You will not have these 30 minute battles and more, some battles could last for a few minutes depending on your ship type, guns mounted etc. An example a MOW will or at least should sink a Sloop with a single broadside if up close, at distance not all shots will hit the Sloop so the chances are the Sloop will manage to live a little longer maybe two or three braosides at distance. With 48Ibs cannons mounted though it might not make a difference and a single broadside might be enough no matter the distance between yourself and the Sloop. This means that forts will do more damage to your ship(s) aswell now, but they will not take several real hours to destroy any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back