• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your better off with the EXE version CoAS CM V3 Final 1-0.exe then install the patch CoAS CMv3 Patch 1.7z that will update your game to what i said about the Soleil Royal hull hp been over 30k. It sounds alot but wa\it till you see how quick it is to sink a small ship and how much damage a fort can do to your ships.

I was afraid of that. I havent had the patch installed this whole time. I had the manual install version of cmv3....luckily it didnt affect any of the work that i was doin, tho i am going to double check just to be sure

It's always a good idea to back up any custom files you might have when installing a patch that way if it over writes any files your working on, you can compare it to your mod file and make the changes.

for sure. i have 2 seperate installs of COAS, one for mod testing only, and one for my personal enjoyment. It also comes in handy if i need original files too

I do the same, but now i have a third install. The third been the stock game so i can compare original files to modded files, this will come in handy for releasing a none offical patch that has only bug fixes in it no added features etc.

whats the difference between a Soleil royal and Soley ru anyway? i dont think ive use any of those 2 ships yet since im a frigate or ship of the line type

Really nice job with the patch mates. This baby plays great. Really think the the depth with the new textures and sounds is something special. Luke, think you have achieved perfection on the damage, speed and maneuver piece. Never been so satisfied playing the game. Incredible work Mates!!! :will

Just a few items I've noted playing today: The sounds effects/music in some places are sporadic, (churches, dungeons, brothels). The new special cargo goods/items don't show up in the log book for the merchant missions. The new brig Sophie has it's waterline set too low - the deck is awash when it's loaded. What a beautiful ship though!

MK

Thanks NK, we have done alot in CMV3 and alot of effert went into the patch too, we have tried hard to clear any known bugs and fix other' we ourselves have found. At least the battle side is now fixed, that was starting to be a real pain. In fact its been ongoing since CMV1. :shock

I haven't updated the new ships waterlines yet MK. You are right that is a really nice ship. If you wish to fix them please feel free.

In the mean time a little update for those who wish to have a more realistic feeling to the game, this will make it so you can't purchase any of the Frigates, MOW's, Corvette's etc. If you want those ships you'll have to go out and capture them. :razz

To install the file locate your game directory for XP its C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\Program\scripts. Move the file to there when asked to overwrite say yes. Backup the original just incase you don't like it. Also please not if you are not asked if you wish to overwrite then you are in the wrong part of the game directory. :onya

Well so far so good Yes I made another clean game start :modding and I did it with JSGME.

WorkswithJSGME.jpg

Bounty not bad for a starting merchant, but still is labeled as "Wind Chaser", and that's not what I see painted on the stern. Someone going to correct this? The name "Wind Chaser" is getting old using that name each time for merchant.

NewstartnewshipCMv3patch1.jpg

Bountynameonstern.jpg

Flag waaay to large.

Notbadshipbutbigflag.jpg

Still no ship at store.

Stillnoshippic.jpg

Again no ship pic.

Noshipspic.jpg

Much better flintlock. :onya Although it looks like he's tried that new product in the store called "soap". :rolleyes: Compare his hands with his face. :huh

Muchbetterflintlock.jpg

Wonder how far in the Caribbean I can get before you modders have another patch ready and I have to start all over again? :modding

Jeez I gotta have a another drink.
Drinkingagain-1.gif

Seriously Modders,keep up the good work. :cheers

You can rename the ship to anything you want, you don't have to keep the name Wind Chaser. In regards to the flags, some ships render the flag as very large, others medium size, we would need a modeler to figure that out, furthermore we need a coder to seperate how the game handles the flag textures. Ideally we would have pennants in one texture and ship flags in another, and fort/town flags in another texture.

Glad to see you're enjoying the matchlock musket in all its glory instead of the flashlight that it resembled in our original release. As for his hands, it could just be the way the light is hitting the character when you took the screen shot, we haven't modified the dutch soldier textures at all.

In regards to patches, I believe Patch one will be it for now, although we are constantly testing and working on things, I don't think patch two will be coming out anytime soon.

i just tried the sol royal... a usual 1 barrage killer... i hate it though, annoying to use in 3rd person with my old monitor its too high... <.<

i think ill use them for NPC captains, ship of the line or a frigate is still the way for me as a flag ship :)

oh i forgot to ask can i buy them in game or capture? or do i need to use the debug menu to get them O_O

Yes i don't like to have ships with difficult decks to walk on in 1st person view, i let the companions use them instead. My ideal ships are ships with open decks, like the MOW, Battleship, Fearless etc.

As for buying the ships, it depends if you have the update for the ships availbe to purchase mod which can be found here, Purchaseable Ships Updated.7z then no you do not need to worry, if you do have this mod then you will not be able to buy large ships, its based around a more realistic feel to what ships would be available to purchase for privateers. All large ships you'll have to go out and capture, not too easy but adds to the fun of the game, cheating to me is fine for testing but for playing the game it makes it pointless. You get no satisfaction in anything because you haven't acheved anything, you have the best ship but you didn't get the money together to buy it or capture it at sea. Anyway how ever you like to play hope you have fun. :onya

true i usually use a class 5 or 6 ship to capture larger ship, it isn't much a problem since i usually do it when my char is fully equip and max level on a combat skill though i usually play in admiral level so i have to make sure its a one on one and concentrate bad so evade incoming fire, good thing upgrading them max crew capacity doesn't hurt too much in a class 5 or 6 ship, though i still have a 1 is to 5 success rate in which i think its bad O_O, though if lucky i usually make a hefty sum with my 3 ship formation capturing MOW :)

though i am usually a cheeps cake(is that the right term?) and never buy ships...

though i usually add the totems in my character at the start of the game, i really hate gathering them XD

also add arabella(with a red mesh) my favorite frigate... since i cant capture one or if im not using Peter Blood(in which my usual main char)

though isnt that mod in the combine mod?

Yep the Arabella aka, Frigate is a ship you can buy from the shipyard in CMV3 + the patch. I have included it in the purchase ships mod too. The reason is simple you can't have that ship without doing the Perter Blood questline hence the reason i made it available to buy and capture for all characters. :dance

though i am usually a cheeps cake(is that the right term?) and never buy ships...

Cheapskate is the term you are looking for xD:

As for the mod, I actually had just registered quickly and logged in with intent to report some rather humorous bugs. However it appears that Patch 1 has come out in the intervening 3 or 4 days since I downloaded CMV3, so I'm currently installing that and will do some play testing. I must say, excellent job, overall. I'm still getting a handle on the new ship classes and ALL of the new cannon sizes (seriously, holy crap). Hopefully Patch 1 covers the issues I had (some hilarious missing textures, mostly). If not, I'll be sure to post in the bug tracker.

I'll be on and around the forums, I think, bugs or no, so see you around. :sail

Flag sizes are fairly easy to change with the GM Viewer and Ines Diaz' TOOL.
I did it myself back in the days when we were working on the PotC Different Flags mod.
Now that we have that mod in PotC, I really can't stand the pennant-less look in CoAS.
Still, since we did it in PotC AND we have the source code now,
it's definitly possible to do in CoAS also.

As for the Bounty with the name on the stern,
why don't you put in the nameless version instead?
That's what we did in the PotC Build mod;
I don't think we even have the named version anymore.
Also in the PotC Build mod is a better texture for that ship by Thomas the Terror.

Flag sizes are fairly easy to change with the GM Viewer and Ines Diaz' TOOL.
I did it myself back in the days when we were working on the PotC Different Flags mod.
Now that we have that mod in PotC, I really can't stand the pennant-less look in CoAS.
Still, since we did it in PotC AND we have the source code now,
it's definitly possible to do in CoAS also.
Different Flags mod already done in russian 1.3 AT mod pack for COAS (w/o engine sources :) ).
Here is screenshot : http://radikal.ru/F/i054.radikal.ru/0912/1e/0bac8ea60986.jpg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back