• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help COAS GOF Mod 2.0 Starter Problems

Taki1980

Landlubber
Hello there.

Im new to this Game and started with those Mods Mentioned in the Topic. I really struggling with the Start and i just always ran into Death.

I tryed lots of settings but i always dont get any Gain.

Settings: Lawrence Beltropa
Mod: GOF 2.0 Full Install
Difficulty: From Lieutnant to Commodore
Mods activated: Everything ON
Cannons: Inbetween
Battle Type: Dynamic & Tactical both tryed

I start on Bermudas and tryed to buy Crew. Next Start i tryed to hire Officer. Next one i tryed to Repair Shiphull. With that 6000 POE i just can afford 1 thing at a Time and nothing works for me.

I hired Crew and got 25 on my Starting Ship. Tryed to attack a Dutch Merchant but my Ship takes ages to get in Grapping Range. When i get there the Instantkill me in Boarding Game. The Enemy Ship was almost Similar to mine with 2 Guns on 1 Broadside. Class 7 i guess. Tryed with Grape Shot and i almost miss every Shot or it doent make any Diffrence.

1. What Settings should i use?
2. What Mods to install? Also downloaded the GOF Era Mod but didnt install so far
3. What am i doing wrong? How to get any Gold or Progress at the Start of that Game?
4. Are there any Beginner Tutorials?

Hope someone can help me out. Im desperate

I just started Same Settings as mentioned above on Difficulty "Sailor". Now i managed to win 2 Fights and got myself a Class 5 Ship with 12lbs Cannons and a Spanish Class 6 Ship wich i took with me doing my Navigator as Captain on the New Ship.

Then i wanted to sell that Class 6 Ship on the Shipyard but i didnt work! I just can sell it for 0 Gold :(

Anyone can help me with the Questions above and that new one?

You started a game at a high difficulty and got stomped because you have very low skills at the start of the game. Rookies are easy to beat. After you build your skills up a bit it gets easier to capture ships.

I don't know about the shipyard thing.

Is there any Manual Aim in 1st Person Sailing Mode? If so, where should i Aim? I can hit nothing. 30-40 Cannonballs. 1-2 Hits

Yes there is manual aiming. Look towards your target and you should see a green bar. That is your aiming bar. Raise it up by looking up until it turns red and then fire. You will still mostly miss until you get a gunner.

Works better know. But next Problem as started as a Pirate that i dont get Crew. Bermudas dont have enough Men and the other Ports shoot at me when i get there.

Works better know. But next Problem as started as a Pirate that i dont get Crew. Bermudas dont have enough Men and the other Ports shoot at me when i get there.

xD

You will have to try the other Pirate settlements :-

Cuba- Puerto Principe
Hispaniola - La Vega
Martinique - Le Francois

:drunk

:pflag

How can i use that Skillbooks? How to read them?

How to give Officers Items? I want to give them better Weapons, Curiass etc.

How to level my Crew? They took ages to get better and i loose all of them after every Boarding action.

Last edited:
Skillbooks: All you have to do is carry them with you and they give you a skill increase.

Give weapons to officers: Face the officer and then hit "enter" to bring up the menu in the top left hand corner. Slide along that until you find the blue and red arrows. Click that.

As you play more you will get better and will be able to take care of your crew better.

You can change/rotate the officers that you have as fighters.
The new officer will appear when you change location ( after loading screen) - do as Hylie says to give them what you want to give them.
Then change them back to their original post.

:duel:

Is there any way to Increase Time more then Time X2? Any more Compression as it took ages to flee or get close to an Enemy Ship

Thx! That worked out!

Another Question: Got myself a Class 3 Line Frigate. Can Swap Captain to it. But it got a Brownish Icon. Cant i steer it? What am i need to have/do to steer it?

In the book it says you need 65 navigational skill points before you can sail it well. I think I have maybe 30 navigator skill points.

Back