• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help CoAS: unable to install

SergeantEpson

Landlubber
Try to install CoAS and I can't manage. Disc is being a pain in the ass. It wouldn't read. I updated a few drivers and it is now being read but takes 1-2 minutes before I can double/right to do anything with it.

Eventually the menu comes up (with Peter blood and his sword). Clicking install does nothing.
I have tried right click>open on the disc with the intention of the running setup in compatbility mode but it either loads and doesn't display setup or wont load and I am faced the eternal green loading bar at the top.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
What I've tried:
1.TAGES driver installation
2.Go offline, disable AV/Firewall
3.Disabling Windows Aero theme

Last edited:
Is the disc in good condition? If so, then it might be a problem with your optical drive.

Where are you trying to install it? Is your system 64bit? If you try to install to the 64 (x86) partition often it will hang up. Sometimes it will install successfully to the program file in your 32bit partition.

I always recommend going offline, then temporarily disabling all AV/Firewall protection (often your AV will recognize some files like the DVM.dll as malicious when they are completely harmless),

Then create a folder on your desktop and name it whatever you want. Then when your game asks for instructions for what directory to install to --- you point it to the new folder on your desktop.

That usually works for 95% of folks making the attempt.

MK

64 bit. I haven't been able to install it anywhere. I cant get to the install section, thats whats irritating me.

If I double click for default action the loading symbol pops up and he old "(Not Responding)" comes up. I leave it for a minute and it eventually loads.
If I try to open and do anything from inside the disc same thing happens but it never returns to responding.
I've tried making a disc image and its also fails.

I'll try restarting, going offline and disabling all AV & firewalls and tell you my results.

PS: Sorry I just realised there was a technical help section which I missed that I should probably put this in.

I recently installed COAS stock, GOF2, and GOF beta and they all went well and run. I first created a folder as in "D: GOF" and installed COAS there, installed the nodvd patch and tages, then installed GOF. Win7 64. So this is a mystery to me. What is your antivirus? Avast?

For the record I use Avast and have no problems downloading or installing GOF, have you tried cleaning your disc drive. It could have a dirty laser, or maybe your disc drive is on its way out.

Back