• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Companion Mutiny

The companion morale code has now been rewritten and included in the latest update: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686
This is a short overview of the changes:
- Morale code rewritten so that companion ships use their own captain's stats instead of trailing the player
- Differences in reputation between player and companion captain result in morale drops and possible mutinies
NOTE: Only applies if player is good and companion is bad or the other way around. So no problem if you are a Hero and have a Matey for a companion.
Effect gets pretty bad if you are a Hero and your companion is a Terror of the High Seas. That's asking for trouble!!!
Not (yet) done: Mutinies in mid-battle due to companion ships being blown to pieces or something.
At the moment, they'll only ever occur during the daily crew update at midnight.
Just pretend that the mutinous dogs figure it is best to make their move when everyone is asleep. :wp

Comments on this mod would be welcome.

Well, as far as I can tell, this feature is now in a playable state, so I'll mark it as "Solved".
Comments and feedback appreciated, of course!

No comment.

I have been in battles where a ship of mine will get hammered but morale stays good.

I have captured ships and made it to port fine.

I have sold all cargo at the store and waited until the next day to go to the shipyard to sell it with no problems.

Works fine so far. :nerbz

It seems the actual mutiny you got in that shipyard was not due to the new code, but purely because you had too much money.
UNLIMITED_LOOT should help you there.

I don't think you'll get any companions to mutiny unless you put a character in charge with bad reputation.
It would probably happen more easily when using Divide the Plunder mode, because then morale goes easier up and easier down.

Sometimes a merchantman NEEDS a lot of money to fill the holds. Also, did you know my monthly payroll is almost $70,000 Piastres? One officer is getting $3,900 a month. It's not like these guys are starving.

The code allows you to have 1 million gold on top of your estimated monthly officer and crew pay.
So in your case, you could have 1,070,000 gold before the morale starts dropping because of it.

It also depends on player reputation. At Hero, the effect will be much less pronounced than on Terror of the High Seas.
For example, if you have 1 million gold extra while being a Hero, the morale drop is 11 point.
But that is just 11 points on the base morale, not an 11 point drop each day. So you can easily deal with that.

On that savegame of yours that I tested though, it was hundred million or something in total, if I recall.
That would drop your morale right down to zero.

You really should try Divide the Plunder mode some time. It's adds a bit of additional interest to the game.
And then the crew will get HAPPIER if you get such crazy amounts of money on board.
Eventually you will have to go shares, though. So you'd lose a lot of that money.
But you still keep your own share on your personal wealth, of course, along with some additional money to start your next expedition.

That could actually be a GOOD thing, because it helps the game remain challenging later on.
If you're crazy rich, you can afford anything and I could imagine that getting boring.
But if you start over again once in a while, I think that can make things more interesting. :yes

Back