• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Confused Governor

Cassadar

Freebooter
Storm Modder
The governor of your own colony apparently refers to his/her own gender while talking to you:

20160922010221_1.jpg 20160922010402_1.jpg

Well, either that or this woman just hates me. Not sure how I should feel about being called a mademoiselle. :bonaparte

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting.

I thought I had corrected that error in most spots by now.
Apparently I missed one. Will check.

What exact game version including date are you running according to your main menu?
Could you upload a savegame in front of the wrong governor?

I don't think game version is going to be all that significant because I can't see an updated version of "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\governor.c" in either the 28th July installer or @Levis' new ZIP update. So, from the 17th March version of "governor.c", line 455 onwards:
Code:
       Preprocessor_Add("addr", GetCharacterAddressForm(NPChar, ADDR_CIVIL, false, false));
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[70];
       link.a1 = DLG_TEXT[71];
       link.a1.go = "Colony_management";
       link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[72];
       link.l2.go = "quests";
       link.l3 = DLG_TEXT[73];
       link.l3.go = "exit";
That 'PreProcessor_Add' command is the culprit. The first argument should presumably be "PChar", not "NPChar". The governor is supposed to be addressing you, but "NPchar" is the governor. ;)

@Grey Roger In one of the dialog options I believe the addr is also called. So i believe this case two seperate ones need to be made. one for the govenor and one for the player.

Indeed that does sound likely.

For the correct addresss form of the player TO another character, there is a different function; GetMyCharacterAddressForm, I believe.

@Grey Roger In one of the dialog options I believe the addr is also called. So i believe this case two seperate ones need to be made. one for the govenor and one for the player.
Yes, dialog text line 70 uses "addr" and is the governor talking to you ("What are your orders, #saddr#?"), while line 72 also uses "addr" for you talking to the governor ("Do you need assistance, #saddr#?"). Different variable will indeed be needed. :yes

@Pillat maybe you can look at this one? it's described what should be done just someone needs to do it and check it

If you want to help modding again ofc. else no problem :).

That doesnt sound like just copying and testing.. I don't think I am into the stormcode that far anymore, I am sorry :( . I can edit textfiles and change some numbers, but adding new stuff.. I dont think I would be much of a help here I'm afraid :/

Indeed that does sound likely.

For the correct addresss form of the player TO another character, there is a different function; GetMyCharacterAddressForm, I believe.
'string GetMyAddressForm(ref chr, ref pchr, int addrtype, bool fname, bool lname)' perhaps?

If so, then replacing that section of "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\governor.c" with this:
Code:
       Preprocessor_Add("addr1", GetMyAddressForm(NPChar, ADDR_CIVIL, false, false));
       Preprocessor_Add("addr2", GetCharacterAddressForm(NPChar, PChar, ADDR_CIVIL, false, false));
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[70];
       link.a1 = DLG_TEXT[71];
       link.a1.go = "Colony_management";
       link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[72];
       link.l2.go = "quests";
       link.l3 = DLG_TEXT[73];
       link.l3.go = "exit";
And lines 72-74 in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\governor.h" (which equates to DLG_TEXT[70] - DLG_TEXT[72]) with this:
Code:
"What are your orders, #saddr1#?",
"I must manage this colony.",
"Do you need any assistance, #saddr2#?",
should do the job. But I won't be able to test it myself for a while - in fact, as testing it requires capturing a colony and I'm in no position to do that in any current savegame, I won't be able to test it myself for a very long time... So if anyone else wants to try it out, the files are attached.

Attachments

• governor.c
    15.8 KB · Views: 121
  • governor.h
    5.9 KB · Views: 122
@Cassadar, do you have a savegame with your captured colony?
That should be the quickest way to test if @Grey Roger's fix works as intended. :doff

'string GetMyAddressForm(ref chr, ref pchr, int addrtype, bool fname, bool lname)' perhaps?
Yep, that's the one! :onya

'GetMyAddressForm' is for NPC to Player, while 'GetCharacterAddressForm' is for Player to NPC.

Very cruel. Her first name seems to be " a". Including the leading space, which confused me for a moment because I thought this was a dialog string saying "a damsel in distress" and a dialog code going wrong and failing to display something. A complete and total lack of "damsel in distress" in any dialog text file indicated that this was probably not the case. xD

Back