• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Confusion, everywhere.

Imperial

The landlubber
Storm Modder
Greetings folks, I'm back in time to see what I could do for the next release of GoF or the Early mod being developed by MK. MK, if you need help with texturing something drop me a message. I've been busy with life, so I need to excuse myself to all of ye' scurvy curs.
:walkplank

Next of, I can't but notice the fact that you've made a lot of confusion with the version numbers of the releases of GoF, people over at Moddb are growing tired, and prefer to use the CM mod.

So, why 1.2 has a patch called 1.0 for release 1.0? That's something that drove me mad some time ago.
Goddamn it, name the release 1.2.0 and the patch 1.2.1 or if it's similar to the DEV version over at our FTP server, just put a 1.2.0.0, then the patch call it 1.2.0.1.

Also, I need to remake the logo since I forgot to fix the strange curve of the font. (I feel like a landlubber in PS when I see that now)

Last, but not least, why can't I see the closed modding section anymore? I think that this banner thingie you've added has accidentally removed me from the modding group, while keeping the banner.

And for chrissakes, when we'll decide to create our own game?
I just started to make some attempts with the Unreal Engine and I've already started to enjoy it. We could make a whole new game with the dedication that we have around here with POTC and COAS. Just saying.

Give me time that AC:III is out and you'll see how I'll rip into it for models n'animations. Of course, I won't charge a penny when releasing something of this project, since it'll be against copyright. But hell, those redcoat models are goddamn cool to see. Lets not even talk about the ships (with fucked up rigging). *feelslikeapirate*

Thanks Imperial. Yes I am going to need some help. I'm not ready yet. Give me a month. I have been somewhat anti-social lately and have discovered a lot of things about Storm. I think there is still some potential to expanding GOF and our current modding efforts.

MK

Last, but not least, why can't I see the closed modding section anymore? I think that this banner thingie you've added has accidentally removed me from the modding group, while keeping the banner.
Seems we missed something when resetting the permissions for that forum; no Modders could view it at all. :facepalm
I've just corrected it (hopefully). Can you access the forum now?

Back