• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Couple of Questions

Vekus115

Landlubber
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here so don't go to hard on me. A little to know about me - I love Age of Pirates 2 and played it so many times that its not even funny, I played CM and GoF (GoF is my favorite.) And I came here because I would like to mod the game, in which I have no experience modding. I am fairly decent in photoshop and Gimp and love to write. I actually play AoP2 on an iMac with parallels desktop. So here are some questions,

I want to try modding GoF mainly since it has a ton of awesome content.

1. Where can I find BEGINNER AoP2 Modding tutorials that are easy to understand (mainly textures and whatnot.)

2. Is it possible to make a new nation, such as more European nations with very few colonies (As you go through their national quests, they get more colonies.)

3. Where can I find some basic tools for modding.

Thanks,

Thread moved to AoP 2 forum, since that is the game you are referring to. :doff

I want to retexture characters and/or flags and ships. Some of the originally textured characters don't seem the fit for a character I'm aiming for. Example: I want to reskin David Marteen to look more like a british sailor/former redcoat. Kinda like a personalized character with a personalized portrait.

Ah! In that case, you just need the TX Converter to convert back and forth and edit the images when they are in normal TGA format.
No further coding required.

Ah! In that case, you just need the TX Converter to convert back and forth and edit the images when they are in normal TGA format.
No further coding required.
Problem is, I'm a dummy with using the Akella tools, TX Convertor is a little confusing and even with messing around with it, I still have no clue what to do. Is there a tutorial for it? Sorry for being such a noob at this, I'm still getting used to modding this game.

Every single time I select a tx file with the convertor and press convert it just says "Error Open File -blah blah blah-". What do I do?

You have to open up a destination folder on the left side of the screen. There are no instructions that I know of and it is all trial and error.

Even with doing that, the error pops up. Next to the files on the right side of the screen, the letters, "TX" have a red circle with a diagonal line going through.

I just converted a tga.tx to tga. It works.

That said, sometimes it does fail as I have three tgas with the circle and line through them. They also have no size or BPP.

Those are not in the game folder itself. Are you sure those are unmodified tga.tx files from the game?

The left side is where the folder the tga's go and the right side is where the tga.tx go and they need to go back into the folder they originally came from.

I can open up the tx files in the convertor now but I can't actually convert them. 1 step closer...

It should be as easy as surfing to the game folder in the right of the screen, selecting the files and pressing 'Convert'.

It converts to the folder on the left. So you have to surf to your preferred "working folder" on that side.

Yes, you have to convert from tga.tx to tga and then back from tga to tga.tx.

Right to left and then left to right.

Back