• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug crash at Tortuga

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I'm getting a consistent crash when leaving the store at Tortuga and attempting to walk down the ramp in front of it. This is my first visit there this game.
No error log but here are the compile and system logs.

Attachments

• compile.log
    11.4 KB · Views: 197
  • system.log
    69.4 KB · Views: 178
I sometimes get crashes in Tortuga port as well (and occasionally in Santiago port, before recent changes there, so they're not to blame). For that reason I'm in the habit of saving game as soon as I arrive at either place. The crash is not consistent, though, which means if the game does crash, it usually doesn't crash again after I've restarted and reloaded the save.

Try deleting "options". I've occasionally had the game crash, I reloaded a savegame, it crashed again - I'm not sure where I was at the time but it didn't matter, it was the "options" file which was at fault. Deleting that cured the crashing.

I have been getting random crashes at Tortuga for years and always save at every way point the first visit there and then just fast travel. This was the first consistent crash I've had there. I finally went down the other ramp to get to the port and sail away.

Will delete the options file.

Back