• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Crash before entering port in a colony conquest

andreigiurgiu

Landlubber
I love taking colonies. in fact this is the reason i'm playing this game. I can't do it anymore.
After destroying the fort with ship, you land troops. First is the battle in fort (3 steps) then port, town, town center. Before entering the port my game crash.

Pls help !!!!

Which modpack version? Which town? Or all of them?
Please post the .log files from your main game folder after it happens.

Build 14 Beta 3,4
All of them. I took Tortura and Grand Cayman, then none of the town worked. Before entering fort battle (landing) game crashes. I tryed one by one. Nothing. I lowered graphics, resolution. I entered without officers, I landed from a smaller ship.All the patches found here on this forum didn't help.

Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Pentium (r) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.8 GHz (2 CPUs)
4096 mb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 5450
DirectX 11

Attachments

• system.log
    510.1 KB · Views: 107
  • error.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 114
  • compile.log
    76.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
The cube map problems are beyond me, but that bad ship GM is interesting. What ship are you using?

There are an awful lot of errors in your game. For now could you do a complete system scan and defrag?

I'm using a Dauntless class 1 st Rate, bought from that guy in Isla de la muerte (best I found) .Do you think a defrag could help?

A Dauntless? That is a good ship with no known problems. I worked on it meself. This is further proof that your game has major issues. I defrag every 3 days because it needs it that often. POTC has memory leaks that cause problems over time without a lot of maintenance. I use IOBit System Care 8 and their Smart Defrag meself. Without very regular maintenance the game will become unplayable.

The only other alternative is either a bad download and install or your computer simply isn't good enough to play POTC. Burt your computer should be good enough.

ok. I used a defrag. The problem persists. Is there any trick to improve performance (game settings), or a cheat/glich to skip this part of battle?
About install, i followed the steps written in moddb (also downloaded from there). Could be something small that causes this, like script or a texture? Something related to fort.

Last edited:
Code:
resource\models\ships\Fort\Fort.gm: can't open geometry file
WARNING! Can`t model class pointer for ShipModel
WARNING!!! Missing INIT message to ROPE - bad ship model
^ That there is really quite bizarre. That file doesn't exist and it never did.
Nothing even remotely like that exists either, so I've got absolutely zero clue why the game would be looking for it.

Are you sure the game works properly apart from this issue?
And you didn't add any AoP/CoAS files for some reason that may confuse things?

I added only some files that your mates recommand on this forum. Some of them improved, but nothing fixed my battle port bug. Apart from this it works ok. Some desktop crash from time to time, but nothing so bad.
Thank you all, anyway. You've done an amazing job. Maybe it will be fix somehow.

not old. In fact I reinstall today and have the same problem. I think the savegame is corrupted. I don't want to start a new one. Alot of progress... not much free time.

I added only some files that your mates recommand on this forum. Some of them improved, but nothing fixed my battle port bug.
What files are those? Basically the only thing you might want extra is this right here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
I'd recommend making a reinstall and not installing any separate files scattered around the forum.
Anything that is worth having is already in the modpack and manually adding other stuff has got a large potential of breaking things.

Your hardware specs are pretty close to what Pieter has and he has no problems playing POTC. It has got to be some software issue. Is your POTC disk scratched?

I suggest a reinstall with the latest modpack.
That log file is proper weird though; Borders on the impossible.
Perhaps you can also try a single town capture on a new game to see if perhaps the game got messed up somewhere along the way.

Try deleting the "options" file from the base directory in which the game is installed. That file often gets corrupted and when it does, various forms of weirdness can happen.

Haven't heard from him anymore and seems the problem is a faulty installation so marked as not a bug.

Code:
BLADE::Realize -> no find locator "start", model "Ammo\topor2"
^ That should at least be an easy fix. Can somebody check if that weapon does indeed have "start" and "end" locators now?
I seem to remember I added those a while back, but can't remember now.

The same issue has recently occurred for me, happened shortly after I conquered the port of Bridgetown on freeplay and installed myself as governor. Not had any problems like this previously. Now I am unable to enter the port on Bonaire (other ports seem to be fine however). (Both entering from the sea and land result in the same abnormal program termination errors.

The only strange thing that happened recently was I got

This is on the newest beta release (with the most recently released September exe.)

Attachments

• system.log
    876 bytes · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back