• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crash repeated, almost constant, for the screen in the sea

The sometimes cannons not fire but it works in 1st person view is a strange bug maybe this can be resolved if the reported ships are fixed I'm guessing those ships are the ones who have this problem exclusively... moreover I'm hoping so. If not we have to redo some checking. But lets wait for the fixes before we run to other measures.

In most cases if you hear the net beep something is wrong with a ship that is near, which goes from simply "damage texture missing" to "bulletproof" vessel ahead... it's a solid indicator from what I can tell now that I've tested ~130 ships.

Cheers
Joe

I get the net beep almost every single time I load in sea mode, so there must be alot of bugged ships. The thing is, near a new game start, even if I cheat to get a high level, it almost never beeps.

I managed to get past the impassable part of my game. What I did was load a game that didn't crash (one from about 20 minutes back) and deleted ALL the others. That somehow stopped the crashing, though I have no idea why. This whole situation is a [REDACTED] of the mongolian variety.

I get the net beep almost every single time I load in sea mode, so there must be alot of bugged ships. The thing is, near a new game start, even if I cheat to get a high level, it almost never beeps.
Well it can be only one vessel that causes that but if she is around you the beep sound occurs everytime you are in 3 D mode.

So if you have 3 ships and the indiaman is with you it will always beep. if you have no vessel in your squadron that causes bugs but you met an indiaman at a sea battle... net beep there you go.

I managed to get past the impassable part of my game. What I did was load a game that didn't crash (one from about 20 minutes back) and deleted ALL the others. That somehow stopped the crashing, though I have no idea why. This whole situation is a [REDACTED] of the mongolian variety.

Ahhh... ok! Got it.

The game reads every save file to get the pics, names (it shows internal saved names, no the windows ones), locations, times, etc, plus officers involved in the selected save.

If one save is corrupted it may corrupt the game memory while being scanned for said data, producing crashes in otherwise good saves.

If the corruption is big the game will crash while sweeping, you'll not even able to load a game. With more subtle corruptions it is possible the game letting you to load a good save but corrupting in-memory data in the load process.

Good find. A fierce bug, difficult to fix and probaly unfixable without the sources, but at least work-around-able.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Also I'm guessing the quick save function seems to cause instability... I've experienced far less crashes if I simply don't use it. So save with the menu is more clicking but if it works for a more stable game, I would advice to do so. Only my 2ct.

The save screen is ill-designed and bad implemented beyond any possible repair. :ng

One of my dreams is to make a real save screen to replace this monstrosity, but we have more pressing matters just now (and making a new save interface from scratch is not an easy work).

Cheers.
buho (A).

Also I'm guessing the quick save function seems to cause instability... I've experienced far less crashes if I simply don't use it. So save with the menu is more clicking but if it works for a more stable game, I would advice to do so. Only my 2ct.

There's a quicksave button?

No, really.

There's a quicksave button?

No, really.
Not a button the quick save shortcut key... guess F5 was it or F8 and F9 load the quick save, but like said I wouldn't recommend to use it anyway.

cheers
Joe

EDIT
forgot the correct key since I never use them anymore but buho is correct me thinks
:doff

Hi all! Guess i'm posting in the right thread. Since you've been talking about ships crashing the game i think the " Frigate" is one of the problem. It's a fine ship only the matters that it's got bugged texture and used as quest encounter ship which is REALLY annoying that i can't seem to damage that danmed ship AT ALL. Not the crew, not the sail nor the hull. But oddly enough once i got it, it's vulnerable just like other ships. I don't know what the problem is, hope you guys can find a way to fix it without starting a new game. There are some more ships that share the same problems with this one. I'll try to find out and post their names here.
Thanks!

Thankl you for your report zzkillzz2000
:onya

Nearly "Bulletproof" ships
SHIP_GALEON_L
special net beeb, ship hull seems invulnerable only at certain angels the hull+sails takes a little damage, almost no crew losses.

SHIP_BATTLEFRIGATE
special net beeb, ship hull seems invulnerable only at certain angels the hull+sails takes a little damage, almost no crew losses.

SHIP_COLONIALFRIGATE
special net beeb, ship hull seems invulnerable only at certain angels the hull+sails takes a little damage, almost no crew losses. Deck view heavy bug, positioned below the waterline

SHIP_BOUSSOLE

SHIP_FRIGATE

SHIP_INDIAMAN

SHIP_BATTLESHIP

SHIP_BATTLESHIP1
special net beeb, ship hull seems invulnerable only at certain angels the hull+sails takes a little damage, few crew losses.

SHIP_FLYINGDUTCHMAN Questship
special net beeb, ship hull seems invulnerable only at certain angels the hull+sails takes a little damage, few crew losses.

CTD (crash to desktop) ships 100% chance to crash your game
SHIP_SURPRISE
SHIP_LYDIA
SHIP_AMSTERDAM
SHIP_HEAVYWARSHIP
SHIP_INTREPIDE
SHIP_CORVETTE_QUEST
Questship 50% crash chance in my test sessions

Unusual bugs
SHIP_LINEFRIGATE
1xsunk o.k. she seldom opens fire, her fire angel seems to be bugged?

SHIP_XEBEC_FRANCE
No damage texture can be seen on ship hull, net beeb

SHIP_ENTERPRISE
No damage texture can be seen on ship hull

SHIP_CARAVEL

SHIP_DUTCHSHIP
No Flag on ship

So you see we've got quite some issues to resolve, all this problems occur with the "mast don't falll hack" from buho so if you play without it you will have many more issues.

Most of those this are higher class so the more you play and experience you'll get the higher the chances you meet some of the bugged ships. Classes 7-5 have only one ships bugged.

Thankl you for your report zzkillzz2000
:onya

Nearly "Bulletproof" ships
SHIP_GALEON_L

SHIP_BATTLEFRIGATE

SHIP_COLONIALFRIGATE
special net beeb, ship hull seems invulnerable only at certain angels the hull+sails takes a little damage, almost no crew losses. Deck view heavy bug, positioned below the waterline

SHIP_BOUSSOLE

SHIP_FRIGATE

SHIP_INDIAMAN

SHIP_BATTLESHIP

SHIP_BATTLESHIP1

SHIP_FLYINGDUTCHMAN Questship

CTD (crash to desktop) ships 100% chance to crash your game
SHIP_SURPRISE
SHIP_LYDIA
SHIP_AMSTERDAM
SHIP_HEAVYWARSHIP
SHIP_INTREPIDE
SHIP_CORVETTE_QUEST
Questship 50% crash chance in my test sessions

Unusual bugs
SHIP_LINEFRIGATE
1xsunk o.k. she seldom opens fire, her fire angel seems to be bugged?

SHIP_XEBEC_FRANCE

SHIP_ENTERPRISE
No damage texture can be seen on ship hull

SHIP_CARAVEL

SHIP_DUTCHSHIP
No Flag on ship

So you see we've got quite some issues to resolve, all this problems occur with the "mast don't falll hack" from buho so if you play without it you will have many more issues.

Most of those this are higher class so the more you play and experience you'll get the higher the chances you meet some of the bugged ships. Classes 7-5 have only one ships bugged.
Wow that was such an amazing effort to find out the bugs dude! Thanks for replying to my post. You're such a great enthusiast.
Oh and by the way hope you can figure out the way to fix the camera on the Soleil Royal. It's always on the top of the main mast. So i have to zoom in the camera everytime to get to whole view. Also both the FD movie version and quest one don't seem to have any lights at night and some of the ships still missing the lights on their masts.
One last thing and I think this is a kinda off the topic but it looks like you hardly have a chance to destroy emeny ship cannons while they totally CAN. My character's level is 50, commanding HMS Victory with 48 lb cannons (i used a mod to be able to upgrade to 48), all my stats are 100. The odd things are even a f***ing class 6 ship with like 12 lb can destroy my cannons even though my cannons get destroyed either shooting or without being shot at sometimes (my cannoneers are all sea dogs- weird!). So I tried board to board a smaller ship and shot a f*** load of bombs at them then took it, checked the cannons and guess what. NO CANNONS destroyed. WTF, this is so annoying (sorry 'bout the bad words, but as I said it's annoying)
Wish the best to you all!

Back