• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crash

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
I was playing Hoist the Colours when my game crashed..
I was on Antigua, went to tavern and talked to jack and drow, told me to resupply, transported to store then when i told the owner to show me what he's got, the game crashed.
Untitled.png

Have you been doing weird things with the weathers?

I vaguely remember seeing that one before, but it's not crash-worthy.
Anyway, I can't afford to look into anything right now, because I'm hard at work at the next Beta 3 WIP code,
which is to include some old, advanced code we've been wanting to include for about two years or something.
Big, big project and I have to do it all by me onesy. :facepalm

Random CTDs just happen. And because they're random, we won't be able to track them down any time soon.
Can't fix what we can't replicate. So just keep saving often. :shrug

well most of those random ctd's happen at shops, like DavyJack said and I had a few ctd's when quicksaving on open sea. Sometimes even the savegame gets corrupted.

Can we add an autosave-function? Because especially new players will forget to save often and then they might get frustrated when it crashes and they have to travel through half of the archipelago again^^

Can we add an autosave-function? Because especially new players will forget to save often and then they might get frustrated when it crashes and they have to travel through half of the archipelago again^^
Might be possible. When should it do that though?

That's the question^^ I would say after every location-reload, but I fear that maybe the game will become unstable (especially on directsail-islandswaps).
Or another possibility every x Minutes, maybe with a #define in the internalsettings? then we could even adjust it or turn it off

I think the best would be a combination of both :yes

Keep it mind for the future. I'm afraid that whatever we do will end up causing a lot of unforeseen issues down the line....

Back