• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crashing a lot.

Well as I said... your processor is fine enough for PotC, RAM.. well.. at least 1GB would make your PC very happy^^

The main thing is to get a real graphics-card, it don't has to be a high-end graphics-card, some older PCI-E cards from ATI or Nvidia should do fine (look for those with 128MB or 256MB Memory).

I can't imagine WHY and HOW someone would set this onBoard-card in a desktop-PC o_O.

But I can say 1 thing: You have still a single-core CPU and I don't want to know how antique your slots/mainboard are^^ .. it's only a matter of time and then you won't even be able to run the latest office-package on your PC.
If you can afford it, you should really buy a new PC...

2GB better and a good graphic card, ugh.
This pc is super old, that's why, haha.
But thank you for your help!

The only new thing in Beta 3 that could potentially cause performance issues is the modified Different Flags mod.
But that would only apply at sea and not anywhere else. Especially the jungle CTDs you have just make no sense.
Especially if you say you were not having them in Beta 2.5. Might indeed me a hardware issue. :facepalm

Jungle ctds could be because of the lack of graphics memory.. Like I said, I sometimes have such things, too

Here is a thought. I use Iobit Advanced System Care FREE. One of its features is something called Turbo Boost. When I click this it turns off 22 services/apps and this puter does run games better. Less stuff using resources.

that's indeed always a good idea, but in this case I think, a better graphics card is the only solution^^

Back