• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Crashing is becoming more constant

antonyzac

Professional questioner
:ahoy! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and new year.

I (think I) have the latest build installed and it's working perfectly, apart from one thing. I'm not sure if there's something I've done wrong or not but...

I keep getting random crashes! The only non-random thing I've found about it is that every time one of my officers is wandering around with me and they draw their sword when we're in danger, sure enough a crash will occur. I'm not getting crashes when switching between decks of one ship and another, and all the other crashes are get a pretty random. Any way or ideas to shed light on this situation? Thanks! :)

:cheers

I think is what you wanted! :)

(I got this error by purposely attacking a soldier. As I say, the crashes only occur as soon as I enter land combat).

Attachments

• system.log
    3.9 KB · Views: 143
There was no compile.log? There should always be a compile.log and a system.log and sometimes an error.log.

It looks like something is missing with the NPC.

There was no compile.log? There should always be a compile.log and a system.log and sometimes an error.log.

It looks like something is missing with the NPC.

Just a system.log unfortunately.

This is going to make me sound very stupid now, but I CHANGED the names (in-game) of the people walking around with me, but without officers following me and therefore fighting with me, I get no error. Do you think it could be the fact that the officers have a changed name that causes a crash? These officers, by the way, are officers that are part of the story-line (i.e. Styles in Hornblower). Officers I buy from the tavern don't cause a crash when I enter combat.

You changed the names of storyline officers? I do not recall anyone doing that before, but it certainly could cause a crash. Try changing their names back and see what happens.

You have no compile.log? That is bad news.

You changed the names of storyline officers? I do not recall anyone doing that before, but it certainly could cause a crash. Try changing their names back and see what happens.

You have no compile.log? That is bad news.

Haha I like playing around with things! I thought I'd change their names for a while and see how far I could take it basically...not very by the looks of things! I'll try changing them back tomorrow.

Bad news? In what way?

In what way? There is ALWAYS a compile.log even in the original game. If that is missing who knows what else is missing too?

Back