• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crew members not dressed as Navy soldiers and Fort firing at me?

JackSwarrow

Sailor Apprentice
Hello, I've been playing the Tales of a Sea Hawk quest and have finally completed the story. However I have run into 2 issues:

-The Bridgetown fort for some reason fires at me even though I have a good relation with it...

-I have the senior leuitenant rank of England, but my crewmembers on my ship aren't dressed as Navy soldiers.

Does any1 have an idea how to solve these 2 problems?

Ah, the good old mistaken identity bug. It is very random so we have been unable to track it down. It has been 2-3 years since I last experienced that. Try swapping ships between your squadron and see if that helps, or try flying another flag at the "land ho" call.

That uniform thing was recently worked on and should be ok.

Indeed you now Only get soldiers if you started as a commissioned Naval officer.
That is how it is set up for now anyway.

I'll try swapping the flag since I only have 1 ship.
As for the Navy uniform, is it possible to revert it back to the way it was in 3.2? I kinda liked it, even if it wasn't reallistic...

Everything is possible, but we are intending to improve on some different game play style and that was one of the first steps.
Don't want to be going backwards again or we'll be playing digital ping pong with the code.

I wasn't implying that it should be reverted back for the next build version, I simply wanted to know which script controlled the crew uniforms so I could change it back for myself.

If I recall the code is still there in program\nk.c . Look in the givepromotionreward function.
Remove the /* and */ around the relevant sections.

Hmmmm, this seems to be working only half, they still appear in the default sailor outfit when visiting the ship deck, but when I take them to land they'll have the correct navy uniform...

There was some stuff hidden elsewhere too but i can't remember where and cannot look it up right now.
Search for "professionalnavy" in your program folder contents.

Got it! Setting pchar.professionalnavy = true now results in the crew member being in navy uniform on the ship deck.

Thanks for helping.

It would, though be warned that does have some other effects too.

The game will treat you as a Commissioned Navy Officer with that attribute. This means:
- You cannot buy LoMs from other nations
- You cannot buy amnesty from other nations
- Your own nation relations are tied to that of the nation you serve (in case of random relation changes)
- Hiring officers in free
- Crew does not need salary
- You can have infinite money without your crew becoming envious

Not actually horrible things; might actually be quite convenient. But at least you should know what happens.
This is all part of some features that we're hoping to improve on soon. See here for details:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/distinguish-between-different-playstyles.24511/

Does the game still obey the "BOARDERMODEL" variable which is set in "InternalSettings.h"? That should allow you to choose whether you're using standard or uniform boarders, though it will presumably be overridden by the "professionalnavy" switch to force a commissioned officer's crew into uniform.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Perhaps I'll rewrite that stuff because as I remember it all of that was quite a mess. :confused:

Back