• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crew Moral (14 beta1 -new horizons storyline-)

MillyRainbow

Landlubber
I have a couple of 1st rate man-o-wars in my fleet, with nothing else. I have plenty of food and rum to last several months(about 100 days worth on both ends), and within a 5 day period, even at the highest moral, they reach treachery. i can only sail up to a class 3 ship, class 4 when sailing the man-o-war, because its a class 1 ship, the same with the other officer (whome is maxed out stats wise).
my first question is, is there a way to prevent my moral from dropping, with my current standing?
my next question is, is there a way to be able to bring your sailing class up over 3rd class?

Check this post :- http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=468&view=findpost&p=2932

If you are carrying too much money ( over 1,000,000 ) your crew will think you are cheating them and their moral will drop rapidly - they will then mutiny. :ixi

Put some of your money in the chest in the Captains Cabin - or leave it with a moneylender to earn interest

Check this post :- http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=468&view=findpost&p=2932

If you are carrying too much money ( over 1,000,000 ) your crew will think you are cheating them and their moral will drop rapidly - they will then mutiny. :ixi

Put some of your money in the chest in the Captains Cabin - or leave it with a moneylender to earn interest

woah! thanks a bunch, i just tried it, and its fixed! :will i thought it was something about the ships i was sailing :wp thanks a bunch xD
now about the sailing class.... im just curious now XD is there a way to get over class 3 or is it just assumed that any ship over class 3 is to big for an untrained captain.. or something along those lines.

There is a crude workaround that bug. I just tried this and it works. Too well!

In options-->advanced options scroll down to "restricted ship class". When it is checked(and it is) you pay a penalty in speed and turning when you have a ship above your class as a Captain. When it is unchecked one can sail any ship without any penalties. I did that when I started this patch 5 game.

I stumbled across a class 2 East Indiaman early on and it behaved like they always do. It was slow and would not turn, but it had all of those 24 pounders and their impressive roar. :boom Plus a really big cargo hold. :luv Until I hit level 18. Suddenly the thing was running faster than it was supposed to and turning like a frigate! :will No I do not have those abilities checked yet. So, I went into options and checked that "restricted ship class" and that slowed it down to something like normal. :whipa

Anyhoo, give that a try and see what you think. :cheers

PS: I'm always swapping officers in and out of ships, and now I'm wondering if one of them with the speed and manueverability ability checked caused that.

There is a crude workaround that bug. I just tried this and it works. Too well!

In options-->advanced options scroll down to "restricted ship class". When it is checked(and it is) you pay a penalty in speed and turning when you have a ship above your class as a Captain. When it is unchecked one can sail any ship without any penalties. I did that when I started this patch 5 game.

I stumbled across a class 2 East Indiaman early on and it behaved like they always do. It was slow and would not turn, but it had all of those 24 pounders and their impressive roar. :boom Plus a really big cargo hold. :luv Until I hit level 18. Suddenly the thing was running faster than it was supposed to and turning like a frigate! :will No I do not have those abilities checked yet. So, I went into options and checked that "restricted ship class" and that slowed it down to something like normal. :whipa

Anyhoo, give that a try and see what you think. :cheers

PS: I'm always swapping officers in and out of ships, and now I'm wondering if one of them with the speed and manueverability ability checked caused that.

i might try that, :cheers though i may wait since im running with 4 man-o-war and things are already in my advantage :urgh probably need jump the difficulty level up by one or two.
now if i could get past the glitchy colonial management screens without losing half my officers... :whipa but iv only tried that once.. 11 million gold suites my fancy more than taking the colony atm :onya

btw is it possible to take Speightstown before you do the story quests without messing up the new horizons storyline?

btw is it possible to take Speightstown before you do the story quests without messing up the new horizons storyline?

Be careful with Capturing Towns & Colonies - it is bugged - see this thread --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__319043

I am not sure if Speightstown is one of the ones that works or not. :shrug

Also I don't if it will mess up the main new horizons story - might depend on how early you capture it ( before or after it is recaptured by the English )

:drunk

Be careful with Capturing Towns & Colonies - it is bugged - see this thread --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__319043

I am not sure if Speightstown is one of the ones that works or not. :shrug

Also I don't if it will mess up the main new horizons story - might depend on how early you capture it ( before or after it is recaptured by the English )

:drunk

yeah i havent seemed to have this problem yet, but ill definatly keep an open eye for it. :keith thanks for the heads up : D
the only problem i had was one time i spawned in the wrong area when we came to the second fort screen. and then after taking the colony i had problems with the colony management. but i havent had time to redo it so cant say to much about it :shrug

yeah i havent touched the storyline yet aside from the obvious beginning. its why iv been leaving speightstown alone period when it comes to capturing... though taking down its battleship and (2 frigs wasnt it?) would be fun. its to bad they got moved :/

Back