• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug crew pay uses too much money

I just made that change you suggested. I personally don't care about keeping score as I always seem to be the poorest player around by far anyway. I can see the old system being a problem for players early in the game when money is tight, but once we get going it should not be a problem. Well it was for me last game when I had to outfit and repair a bunch of battleships. $16 million...........poof gone!

As for salary vs divide the plunder and LoM, that is all good stuff that seems to be working pretty well.

It has been a long time since I have had to use reduced food rations and double rum rations but I'm sure new players use it a lot. When your food gets washed overboard in a storm and then you miss the island you were trying to get to things can get tight.

On the save where all your money disappeared, can you check your personal wealth and see if you can donate a lot of it back into the crew fund?
I'd like to have confirmed if that was truly what happened for you too.

16 million per month is quite ludicrous as Captain's salary.

That game is long gone and has been replaced by another. That $16 million went to repairing and outfitting battleships. Methinks I had $2million left and paying the salaries cleaned that out. Those big ships are expensive!

So you don't have any save left where you noticed "missing money"? Oh well, so be it. What isn't there, cannot be checked. :wp

Oh in this new game when the crew money dropped to zero I did donate my money to them, and I was able to move all but $299 over.

You start the game with 500 personal wealth, so at least you managed to hand out the vast majority of it then.
If I recall, the "Donate" button insists on working in steps of 500 as well, so you wouldn't be able to donate the rest once the amount drops below that.
Admittedly a bit odd, but I'm not sure if it's worth doing anything about.

Did the crew money drop to zero very fast even with the code change I suggested?
That didn't happen all too fast even before, so it should be even harder to happen now! :shock
It was theoretically possible, though. And since the "player's salary" was apparently higher on Swashbuckler difficulty, I can imagine that would indeed become noticeable.

In any case, the main question we're left with now is: Does my new and simplified calculation for this sound reasonable?
So does it need to be further modified or can we consider this issue Closed now?

That drop to zero was before your change was installed and since then I am making a lot more money than I am used to. I'm rich!

If my analysis was correct, you're still making the same amount of money.
But most of its stays in your crew fund instead of getting transferred to yourself. :wp

Yes! I don't count personal money at all, only crew money as that is what is used in the game.

Back