• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help CTD after CBP begining scene

Capain Tiems

Powder Monkey
I get a CTD when at the end of the scene where jack steps on the ground

Attachments

• error.log
    320 bytes · Views: 200
  • compile.log
    11.3 KB · Views: 213
  • system.log
    3.7 KB · Views: 217
So you DO see the scene and THEN it crashes?

Do you have cheatmode enabled? Try starting a new game, talk to Random Drunk in the tavern to skip to that part.

There are some profile-related errors in your logs. Perhaps it'd help to have less profiles? Usually as long as I only use the default "Player" one, I don't run into such trouble.

only one error remaining xD

Attachments

• error.log
    58 bytes · Views: 196
  • compile.log
    23.1 KB · Views: 191
  • system.log
    4.5 KB · Views: 219
That is even when using the New Game jumpstart method? It is again the profile-related one for some strange reason.

Try deleting your "options" file and move all your other savegames out of the SAVE folder. Perhaps that helps?

Now, I don't have an error.log anymore, but four of these seadogs2_0000.TGA

Attachments

• compile.log
    13.9 KB · Views: 198
  • system.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 215
Those TGA files are just screenshots. Apparently you pressed the screenshot button.

What I find VERY strange is that the Dauntless is NOT in your compile.log . This is the one I just got:
Code:
ItemLogic: On load location REDMOND_PORT
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\Sapphire
OnQuestComplete called for Jack's_arrival_at_Redmond2
Quest name Jack's_arrival_at_Redmond2 FOUND in QuestComplete
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=James Norrington, ship.type=HMS_Dauntless, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=James Norrington, ship.type=HMS_Dauntless, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
FlagType==FLAG_PENNANT && n == SHIP_FLAG
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=James Norrington, ship.type=HMS_Dauntless, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=E
FlagType==FLAG_ENSIGN && n == SHIP_PENNANT
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=James Norrington, ship.type=HMS_Dauntless, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=4, FlagType=P
PauseAllSounds
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 1
ResumeAllSounds
SETTING MUSIC: music_eng_town
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Port Guard, ship.type=HMS_Interceptor, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=1, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-2, chr.id=Port Guard, ship.type=HMS_Interceptor, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=2, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=3, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=E
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Port Guard, ship.type=HMS_Interceptor, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=4, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
procGetRiggingData: n=-3, chr.id=Port Guard, ship.type=HMS_Interceptor, nation=0, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, bShipWithoutPennants=0
CurrentFlag=5, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=P
CurrentFlag=6, ShipFlagsQuantity=6, FlagType=E
FlagType==FLAG_ENSIGN && n == SHIP_PENNANT
CompleteQuestName called for You_need_to_pay_mooring
Quest name You_need_to_pay_mooring FOUND in QuestComplete
Also REALLY strange:
Code:
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\OtherItemsJRH\palka03_B
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\BuildingItemsJRH\ladder_very_big
WHAT is that doing there???

Are you using Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 11 yet? Perhaps that helps?

AGAIN missing Dauntless. Are you SURE the modpack is installed correctly??? :shock

CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean

Then why is the Dauntless missing? That is why it crashes when you step onto ground. This whole great big ship is missing.

There is no eror log or anything called in the compile log, so it is not being called for in your install. Something is missing or corrupted in your POTC install, and that is why Pieter asked about that.

The strangest though is that the missing Dauntless does NOT cause a system.log "cannot open GM file" message or anything.
Definitely weird though.

I have a vague memory of a missing ship in port a long time ago. Dunno when or what storyline.

I had to put my complete harddrive on a portable one because I had to restore my laptop, I try playing the game from my harddrive on my dad's pc and suddenly it works o_O

Back