• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cursed...

Luiz

Sailor Apprentice
Well I slept in a tavern and when I woke up I opened the room's chest. I found an aztec coin and took it. And at night I become a living skeleton with doubled HP appearently. Well so far so good if it werent the problem with the authorities... Ive sold the coin, with the silly intention to get freed of the curse. Nope, im still cursed... What can I do to get free of it?

Are you sure you sold the coin? It is probably still in your inventory. :wp
You have to return it to the chest on Isla de Muerta.

Yeah 'cause if you sold it (if the merchant did give you some money) and still have the coin, you can sell that thing again and again
w/c makes it more like a cheat now..heheh :p and a bug? :facepalm

You can't get rid of that last coin. If you "sell" it, the coin sticks. But you also do NOT get the money.
Basically, nothing happens at all. Which is very much on purpose. ;)

That only applies to the first time it happens. After you return the first coin every coin you get after that can be sold.

yep figuered out that later lol. When I was travelling around the caribbean without a direction, I stopped at tortue and found Mr. Gibbs at the tavern. When he gaved me that compass I realised what I should do. Thanks for the help anyway guys! Also do you guys know that it is tremendously easy to take Nevis pirate settlement and eventualy get something around 1.000.000 gp without any hard work? Its almost like a cheat lol...

..Also do you guys know that it is tremendously easy to take Nevis pirate settlement and eventualy get something around 1.000.000 gp without any hard work? Its almost like a cheat lol...
Nah..that's the advantage of exploration and adventure..;)

That only applies to the first time it happens. After you return the first coin every coin you get after that can be sold.
That! :onya

Also do you guys know that it is tremendously easy to take Nevis pirate settlement and eventualy get something around 1.000.000 gp without any hard work? Its almost like a cheat lol...
That is why you now need the "Land Troops" ability before being able to do that. So you shouldn't be able to do this in the very early game anymore.
By the time you ARE able to, the enemies you encounter should be a lot stronger.

However, I could definitely use some feedback on how to further improve this after the changes we already made to it in Beta 3.

Back