• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug "Custom" Player Type Not Taking Effect

Amyers1007

Landlubber
Whenever i choose the custom class and choose the 2 skills i want when i start the game it has 2 skills i didnt want as my chosen skills.

I will keep trying. But so far it has not worked for me. I also seem to be having a problem that when i switch my character model in new game it always changes my profile name back to Player

Do you have the most recent build? (oktober 8)

Cheers,

I have the same problem.

Customized my character to start with leadership and melee, and got the green hooks at cannons and commerce.
Also, when customizing, you can select a skill level I think for two skills to 2 instead of 1. This also did not make it into the game once started.

Besides that, what exactly do these skills with green hook mean?
Is progress done quicker in those than in others?

With the other matter Davyy Jack is right. Customizing character portray, ship, selecting class and flags seem to reset difficulty level and name.

Last edited:
Besides that, what exactly do these skills with green hook mean?
Is progress done quicker in those than in others?

:yes

Yes - I think they increase 25% ( not sure if that is the correct number) faster than the others.

:drunk

Thanks.

Further testing ...
I suspect the problem at least partially being storyline-dependant.

My problems I have in the standard storyline.
Customizing does not work.
Class selecting works, but you don't get the classes primary skills at level 2, but at 1 instead. But the green hooks are in the right place.

Tested Devlin Opera for comparison.
Class selecting there works as intended, bith both hooks in right place and classes primary skills at 2 instead of 1.
Customizing skills does not work here either.

I tried the custom skills in Tales of a Chevalier and could not get it to work.

So it is not just me. So i guess you guys are right it must be storyline dependant maybe someone will find how to fix it later on.

It is not storyline-dependent, I can guarantee you that.

I know the Select Storyline interface likes to randomize stuff when you change your settings.
Had to put in quite some effort to STOP the ship and character name from randomizing when you change models.
But I don't think I covered all instances. So when you set up your character, it will probably help to do the custom character type last.

The only thing I changed was the custom skills and it did not work out. Hmm. I also ended up with only the French flag. Could they be related somehow?

The custom skills do not work correctly for me and also seems to mess up the flags.

Could people please upload the .log files after they started the quest and the custom things aren't working?

Ok, I just started a new game, Tale of a Chevalier. I set it for custom and made sure all of the buttons and boxes were set correctly and then started the game. I also chose different flags and changed the difficulty level.
I did not get my custom settings but this time I got all flags. The logs don't show much I'm afraid. No error log.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 107
  • system.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 141
I just noticed something about the custom class when i choose it. After i make all my selections and choose my skills for the custom class when i hit start game the custom class interface will pop open agian which changes my choices and then it starts the game and chooses 2 random skills.

??? I did not see that...... That would explain what happens, but how does it do that?

Back