• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Custom Storyline?

Lorenzo666

Landlubber
Maybe we could have a customizable storyline, where we can choose our starting ship, cargo, money, inventory, what Island we're on etc.

It would be nice to have a storyline which we can cuztomize and use for mindless buccaneering and swashbuckling.

The closest thing to a completely mindless storyline we have is Blaze Devlin. It ends after the big meeting and from there on you are on your own. I like it! :yoho

New Horizons was going to have something like that if I remember when cheat mode is on :mm

There is a couple of threads on this now I think, the starting model is apart of the customizable interface :yes

So that means that all that needs doing is finishing the customizable interface. I assume that's the customize button on the start menu that's currently unselectable. ;)

Yes, it is. Pirate_KK was working on it, but I haven't heard about any progress on it for quite a while...

A customizble storyline would be a great edition to the game.
But what will be the picking options? Models and money or more complex options like nation ranks, hostility, etc?

The general idea would be to at least be able to pick player name and character model, ship name and model, starting location, nationality and time period or so.

What would be cool is if the starting models differ depending on which nation and time period you choose (Perhaps five to ten models per-nation). The starting models of the characters from the other storylines shouldn't be offered at the start of the custom one though.

what pieter is aiming for is what we had in build 14 alpha for a while, until later modifications made it impractical to keep. i remember there being a possibility of adding in any character or ship you liked to the list of things you could select, by modifying the code a little.

What I'm thinking of is similar to the Choose Character screen from Build 13. We lost that functionality when we went for Select Storyline. :facepalm

Well, we did have the same until somewhere in Alpha 8, so you weren't wrong. :cheeky

Back