• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Customize your campaign before starting a new game

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
I have noticed a problem that i get very frustated; When i want to start a new game (For example, a new Tales of a Sea Hawk), and i want to customize my options, such as choosing my flag, my ship, my profile name, my skills, etc., It happens that i want to take the skill option of "custom" for my skills, and i choose what i would like, and also choose my profile name, but when i take a new look on skills i see that it is restarted as aleatory; this happens even when i do not touch anything unless the button start, and i see my character, and the point skills are not distributed where i put it.

As a clear example, let's say this: I want to have the 1.25x multiplier on leadership and luck, and two points on sailing and commerce, this selected as the category custom. Then, i go to change my profile's name. After that, i want to be sure that all is finished, and then i realised, when i select again the part of "skills" that the 1.25x multiplier and two points are for example in accuracy and grappling, this selected as custom. After finishing putting in order again, i exit that part and then the profile's name change to the stock one, "player".

That happens also in this case with the skills: When the last i have put is the skills, and press a new game, on my character's skills, it's all aleatory, and it isn't selected what i have chosen.

This really frustates me, because i can't select really EVERYTHING what i would like. It is knwon if there's an issue with this kind of situation?

PD: If this post is not put correctly, please move it where it should be, thanks.

I'm not sure, but methinks that there is a problem when using the "custom" options.

It can not be looked at until a coder wanders by. Levis disappeared 2 months ago and Pieter is at sea. :shrug

Yeah, i know.... well, until then, this "bug" remains for the list of improvements for next patch. It's good to know that players bring the unknown problems to forum, not? ;)

Oh, which is the maximum number of officers you can hire? Because when i hire new officers the older ones disappear :( I have around 15 officers (excluding not tavern officers, and including those who are from a berth ship)

I do not know what the maximum number of officers is as I try to keep costs down by only using a minimum number of officers. I currently have 7-8 officers. That is 2 for the companion ships, 3 for the shore party, a Gunner, and one or two extras.

How many officers do you have?

Don't remember exactly which number is.... i think is 14. That number can't be increased, so when i hire a new officer, other one disappears. I tried to look for inactive officers, but i don't find them. Bizarre...

Type of officers don't know exactly. I will have to take a look.

I know I've been waging war on that Select Storyline interface for quite a while last year. Trust me when I say it is a LOT better than it was.
Not perfect, though. I thought the Custom selection worked when I released Beta 3, but unfortunately it was found that it does not.
Not entirely sure how to fix it, really. It's really quite complex coding and I'm not the biggest expert. :facepalm

Ok, it doesn't matter; in fact i was only telling you that there are some problems with that. No problems sir Pieter. Thanks for your explanation :)

Please, can you answer the question i asked sir hylie? The one with the officers.

Also, it seems the custom character creation isn't working. Been through several tries, but the skills aren't matching up. Is this known? Is there a fix?

The issue is know and when I have time I will take a look at it, but as pieter said it quite complex. A LOT of things happening there. It would probally mean I have to build it all up from 0 to get it to work as I want.
Moved it to the bug tracker

Ok, thanks a lot sir, i felt this bug was minor, that's why i didn't upload to bug tracker before; anyway, as you like :)

After trying several dozens of times, I finally got the randomized custom character creation to spit out the skill bonuses I was wanting with the assassin storyline. It was a victory, although no pattern emerged in selected skills via custom and resulting skill bonuses. But after playing a few minutes, making it through the beginning bit through trial and error, and finally sailing in an area with other ships, I found out that if I sail to within 100 feet of the ships, I bound off of them at an unreal angle and an alarming rate of speed. In past games, the ships could actually collide before the physics kicked in with such crazy vectors. Is there something new going on with that in 3.1?

Back