• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Dauntless - constant crashes

Dextr

Sailor
I don't know if I'm the only player experiencing this, but while sailing the Dauntless, the game constantly crashes, usually at sea. Sometimes it crashes while you'r on land as well. Thanks

The Dauntless is a huge ship and stresses the hardware. Do other large ships crash the game? Also, are you using Intel graphics?

Uh, well I usually sail the cursed FD:) not sure if she could be counted as large:) Anyway I'll give a try with other 1-2 class vessels.

I ask because I spent some time getting that ship and her 6 sister ships ready for final release. The computer I used was built in 2007 and had a Q6600 quad core cpu @ 2.5ghz and I encountered no crashes. Crashes in specific spots are usually hardware related.

Sister ships? Sorry for ignorance, but which ones do you mean? I could try them and see if that's the issue.

There are many versions of the HMS_Victory in the game. There do not seem to be as many as I remember as I just looked and only found:
FR_FirstRate
HMS_Dauntless
HMS_Endeavour
HMS_Victory
RN_FirstRate
US_FirstRate

There are also some other similar ships that are based on an older model like:

FR_SotL
RN_SotL
SP_SotL
US_SotL

Then there is the Spanish First Rate: