• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dead Bird

The item description does contain a hint:
It's bad luck to find a dead albatross, as every sailor knows. Now, how can you get rid of it? If only there were someone in the Caribbean with an interest in dead animals...
Turns out there IS someone like that. And he's certainly worth visiting. An additional hint can be found in the "Tips & Tricks" menu under "Secrets".
If you still can't figure it out, we'll let you in on the secret. :wp

I just picked up one of those meself. At least they are not as common as they were.

That hint is probably too cryptic.

how do i get rid of it..can not find away to do so...help:shrug :pflag
still got it...did not find anything about it in (secrets)..how about a good clue....by the way love the free play...keep up the good work...:shiplike the improvements.

Last edited:
In that case, here's the answer:
Go to the Apothecary in Bridgetown. He'll take it.

You're very welcome. Yep, nobody is forcing you to do the story.
I did quite some work recently to make the Standard storyline even more fit for free play. :cheeky

You're very welcome. Yep, nobody is forcing you to do the story.
I did quite some work recently to make the Standard storyline even more fit for free play. :cheeky
just one more question were can i find the royal manowar with the red and black hull..i think it is french but not sure:keith

The item description does contain a hint:Turns out there IS someone like that. And he's certainly worth visiting. An additional hint can be found in the "Tips & Tricks" menu under "Secrets".
If you still can't figure it out, we'll let you in on the secret. :wp
How 'bout the book "Cooking with Albatross" ? :checklist

just one more question were can i find the royal manowar with the red and black hull..i think it is french but not sure:keith
The Soleil Royal?
She appears randomly in French encounters during The Spanish Main and Golden Age of Piracy.
Also in the Standard storyline, if you get rid of the Belette, the Soleil Royal takes her place when you have to escape in the captured French (former) corvette during the storyline.

Are you sure you mean that ship though? She isn't red and black. More blue and gold. But that's the only ship known as "Royal Manowar".

How 'bout the book "Cooking with Albatross" ? :checklist
Have you even tried? There is nothing in place to prevent you from doing so. You can sell it to any trader. :shrug

No, I mean can this be a solution to the albatross? hehehe. 'cause basing from the book's title, the bird can add up to the food supply. hehehe. :cheeky

The Soleil Royal?
She appears randomly in French encounters during The Spanish Main and Golden Age of Piracy.
Also in the Standard storyline, if you get rid of the Belette, the Soleil Royal takes her place when you have to escape in the captured French (former) corvette during the storyline.

Are you sure you mean that ship though? She isn't red and black. More blue and gold. But that's the only ship known as "Royal Manowar".

Have you even tried? There is nothing in place to prevent you from doing so. You can sell it to any trader. :shrug
yea the Soleil Royal...but if i remember right in the beta 14 .2 the hull was red and black...

Attachments

• seadogs2_0041.jpg
    seadogs2_0041.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 287
:wp
That looks like the "FR_FirstRate", which is listed as "Terrible class 1st Rate" in the game.
She's used in the Revolutions and Napoleonic periods.

This is the Soleil Royal: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/13/12307/SoleilRoyal_firing.jpg
thats weird..that ship is the one i got at bridgetown...oh well keep up the good work Oh how do u get back into the storyline...tales of the sea hawk:wp PS..i just remembered i did a repaint job on it..it is no longer in the game..can you please put it back in I like the looks of it with my black pirate sails...:ship

Last edited:
Oh how do u get back into the storyline...tales of the sea hawk:wp
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Does the walkthrough help anything?
http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/original-story-tales-of-a-sea-hawk/

PS..i just remembered i did a repaint job on it..it is no longer in the game..can you please put it back in I like the looks of it with my black pirate sails..
Again, I'm not sure what you mean. That ship you show on your screenshot is still in the game. We didn't touch it. :no

You've got the same installation problem that Jason does, by the looks of it. NO clue why though.
Apparently the new update archive files are not being moved into your game folder.
But why, I do not know. o_O

Back