• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Death Sounds fx not hearing, how to fix and how to add more?

Meitnerium

Sailor Apprentice
Hello Pieter Boelen & other admins,

how are you doing? Been a while since I've been looking on forums. This time I just want to report a bug (couldn't post on Build Bugs section because it kicks me out of forums)

When I kill guards or other NPCs ingame, I just can't hear any death sounds which annoys me somewhat. Perhaps you know how to fix this. Vanilla had some standard fx that were always mentionable. I know this is not important but come on. I'd like to kill my enemies with better pleasure >.>

Another thing I'd like to do is to add more death sound fx..but how can I do this? Plz help me

P.S the updates are awesome! Remember my old report about game improvement ideas? The game balance for wealth and earning money is now much better than before, you earn my agreement.

Can anyone confirm this is fixed? I thought that was fixed ages ago.
Unless the addition of more sounds has managed to throw them out again. :(

This happened before, in older Builds which were released like 2 years ago. I also installed the game properly, never missed any important installation notes.

I never mentioned anything about this because, like everyone else, drawn less attention and I've always forgotten to mention that on bugtracking

This is not confirmed as fixed

EDIT: I know I know...grunts and groans are working, but im not talking about painful moments for the NPCs..you don't hear any "death" sounds though, when they fall and hug the ground.

Btw if you find a solution for this, I will reward you with glitches,bugs I've found so far that are out there in current build.

I got in a fight on land in build 14 beta 2.1 and the only sounds I heard were "You will never get out of this alive!" repeated over and over.

Then I started up build 13 and got in a land fight. There was no talking, but there were plenty of grunts and groans.

EDIT: I got into more fights with less shouting and shooting and did hear grunts and groans while fighting, but not when someone died.

my thread isn't dead yet, is it?

Anyway, I tried to edit some of the datas in sound folder, changed values for mindistance.Character from 0.08 to 1.00, but it doesnt do anything. Still cant hear anything when I kill any NPC, except Smuggler NPCs

Help mehhhhhhhh

I think I know what's wrong, but to be sure, can anyone double-check in Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7 if the sound was still there?

I'm thinking it could be because of a lot of Jack Rackham storyline added sounds. If too many sounds are added with the old method, existing sounds start dropping out.

I can do it, but it will take a bit. I deleted that install, so will have to reinstall and start over. That means that for a while the only dying sounds being made will be mine.

ok this is great. After this is fixed, is there a few to add more sounds into the game? I have many sounds I'd like to add to this game, but not sure, if they'd work.

Definitely possible. You might want to check with Legendary_Spider; he had a half-finished sound pack in the works.

I finally got a chance to test this and could hear no death sounds. Neither mine nor anyone else's. :dance This is in Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7.

Do you have any other earlier installs? I'm pretty sure those sounds were there at some point.
If you don't have an older version, I'll see if I can quickly test it myself later.

Well, I could do a plain Build 14 Beta 1 install. That is pretty buggy, but I wouldn't be playing it long.

I just played a straight B14 B1 game and heard no dying sounds. So it seems there have been no dying sounds since Build 13.

wish I could solve that problem myself but figured that it is more complicated than it looks like.

Funny thing is, NPC death sounds actually work, IF you kill vanilla SMUGGLERs. Yeah the ones, when you go to tavern, arrange a meeting near a coast and go meet them there to sell your very overprized goodies. They always hold musketes behind them and have red-brownish beards, have very small feets.

Hope this might help

The smugglers have muskets? Are they being set to "soldier" somewhere? That wouldn't be good; could have all sorts of unwanted side-effects. :shock

So the smugglers are the only ones for whom it DOES work? I'd have to investigate this, I suppose. :(

Upload videos? YouTube, I suppose. Video recording? Hmm... ask Legendary_Spider; he has been doing some for us.

Back