• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed dickman governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy Swinkels

Landlubber
Banned
Hay,

I'm Jordy and I think I have discovered a bug you know. It's about the Jack Sparrow line build 3.1. In the Davy Jones quest Davy Jones said something about governor Dickman works for him but there is no Governor Dickman in the game or I can't find them anywhere.

Greetings,

Jordy swinkels

Hay,

I'm Jordy and I think I have discovered a bug you know. It's about the Jack Sparrow line build 3.1. In the Davy Jones quest Davy Jones said something about governor Dickman works for him but there is no Governor Dickman in the game or I can't find them anywhere.

Greetings,

Jordy swinkels

Hey Jordy welcome on PiratesAhoy :ahoy

I'm not sure this is a real bug but anyway I have make a fix for it. Just attract this file to PROGRAM/Characters/init and replace it with the old one.

You better post your next post in the thread list then the staff can see if it is a real bug or not hehehe :razz, just to keep thing orginized :yes

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• Governor Dickman.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 111
@VanessaHudgensFan you don't have to copy them all there.
You only have to do the characters you wanna replace.
Also as far as I can see the gouvenor is named dickman already right .... ?

@VanessaHudgensFan you don't have to copy them all there.
You only have to do the characters you wanna replace.
Also as far as I can see the gouvenor is named dickman already right .... ?

Nope it wasn't @Levis, I've checked before and it was Jan de Wever who was in the Philipsburgh Townhall so @Jordy Swinkels was right about this :yes

Why have I posted the whole file? Just to make it easy for our new member :razz Maybe you can use it for the new WIP as wel because there was indeed a little bug here but not a big one xD

Code:
void CreateSaintMartinCharacters(ref n)
{
    object chobj;
    ref ch;

makeref(ch, chobj);

// governor
    ch.old.name = "Arendt";
    ch.old.lastname = "Dickman";
    ch.name = TranslateString("","Arendt");
    ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Dickman");
    ch.id        = "Arendt Dickman";

This is what my SaintMartin.c says (in the main character init

There is a Governor Dickman somewhere and sometime. I never met him, so suspect I play in the wrong time. There are different Governors for different times.

Else I think this would be a better fix:
Code:
Line 6: "The Governor of #sPhilipsburg#. You could say that he works for me.",  // TALISMAN - to remove wrong Governor name - Dickman not used by game other dialogs also corrected

this is how its done in the main dialog files. This way it will always work. Say you captured the town then this dialog would still be valid.

Indeed during Revolution and Colonional Power Jan de Wever is gouvernor. I'd say change the dialog as I provide above.
Or change the .c file to check Towns.Philipsburg.gov.name and Towns.Philipsburg.gov.lastname for the names and use that in the dialog.

Or else just edit the SaintMartin file you provided and only take the gouvernor and remove all other stuff.

Indeed during Revolution and Colonional Power Jan de Wever is gouvernor. I'd say change the dialog as I provide above.
Or change the .c file to check Towns.Philipsburg.gov.name and Towns.Philipsburg.gov.lastname for the names and use that in the dialog.

I've already done, forget to send this oops :modding. Change this in periods.c but I can't send my periods bestand right now, I've made changed for my own too there so I just post the code ;). Just replace this in periods.c at the Colonian Powers. I've also change the governor of Marigot there. Why? Just to get a woman governor in case of all men hehehe :razz (It was changed in the Saint Martin file above too.)

Code:
    period.Towns.Philipsburg.gov.name = "Arendt";
    period.Towns.Philipsburg.gov.lastname = "Dickman";
    period.Towns.Marigot.gov.name = "Marieke";
    period.Towns.Marigot.gov.lastname = "Minten";

There are more rows for the different time periods so you need to know which ones to change ;).

Here is a fix for the problem which will always work.
put this file in: POTC\PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\ENGLISH
It just makes davy jones say the govenor of Philipsburg instead of his name.

Attachments

• Davy Jones_dialog.h
    5.1 KB · Views: 142
There are more rows for the different time periods so you need to know which ones to change ;).

Here is a fix for the problem which will always work.
put this file in: POTC\PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\ENGLISH
It just makes davy jones say the govenor of Philipsburg instead of his name.

Hmmm and I liked the Dickman one..... :whipa:razz

I have changed the right things in periods file and also replace the saint martin file and now it works and there is a dickman there, and really it's better that jan de wever but that is my personial meaning.

what does that storm modder thing means by some of the members here and why have i not one with my account

The Storm Modders are exactly that. They are people who have worked on and modded the Storm engine that POTC and COAS are based on and have proved that they know what they are doing.

You have three posts so far and have not done anything yet. Respect is earned, not given.

what does potc and coas exactley mean?

can i get something under my name ass well, like you have with those links?

how can i bekome a storm modder then, what must i do for that something easy?

if you don't know what potc and coas means don't expect to get any ribbons under your name.
You can add a signature yourself. Go to the top right of the forums and hover your name. Then click Signature.

I sugest you read the FAQ of the forums.

POTC = Pirates Of The Caribbean

COAS = City Of Abandoned Ships

These are the games we play and modify and they run on the Storm Engine.

So you want a ribbon under your name? :nerbz Read the threads on the forums. Play the games. Find something you don't like and fix it. :type1

fix it, that isn't easy right? why must you fix someting before getting a ribbon?

and why have al those members who have post someting om my message such ribbon and I not? levis, hylie pistof, davy jack, vanessa hudgens fan, don't get it i m sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back