• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dissapearing Profile

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
I have started using build 14 with the full patch and have a game killing issue: I can save a couple of times but then I get a warning saving that you can't save without an active profile and when I use F1 to check my profile is gone. I've started 8 new games, gotten 1 to 2 hours into each andit always ends up the same--profile is gone and the entire game up to then is thus wasted. Why is this happenning and, more importantly, how do I make it STOP happening?

:gday

This is a rare thing. You say this happens to you consistently? :shock

Try this: When you hit F1, click "load", then on the far right side there should be a button called "profile. Click that and your profile should be hiding in there. Hilite it and click "load" and you should be able to continue playing.

I noticed the profile button, the profile is never in there. The storyline is listed up top and the option to delete the profile is usable, but not load and no save game is shown. UTTERLY UNUSABLE.

We never did manage to fix this problem 100%. It seems very inconsistent, which doesn't help either. Screwface did manage to decrease the chance of it happening, but it seems that on some people's computers it occurs more frequently than on others.
So when you press the "Profile" button when saving, there is no profile listed there at all?

Correct. Totally empty. If you completely quit out of the game and restarted the storyline select would be there, but could not be accessed in-game, but no mention of the profile(s) it/themselves.

I have since reinstalled the whole shabang (game, build, and patch) and so far the issue seems to have gone away with the new install. Perhaps installation damage to a certain file is responsible. I did not modify any files the first time around.

I had this problem a couple of times. The solution i found to work was to either only play with one Profile at a time, or if you use more copy the saves from that profile to another location then when the bug appears, you can copy them back into the working profile to carry on that game. It can get a bit messy, so i stick with just using one Profile at a time now.

Back