• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Distinguish between different playstyles

But you cannot select Commissioned when you select your player type in the Select Storyline interface?
Not when you use the left arrow AND not when you use the right one?
I know I had an issue with the left arrow yesterday, but I fixed that before uploading the Beta 3.4 file.

Uhm I didnt tried it in two directions^^ I just clicked 2 or 3 times through, there was no commissioned :/ Maybe because my starting nation was personal?
Anyway, is this just a interim solution? Because I think it would be nicer if you get commissioned ingame and could quit again^^

Uhm I didnt tried it in two directions^^ I just clicked 2 or 3 times through, there was no commissioned :/ Maybe because my starting nation was personal?
Personal nation should still allow you to select it, though it won't actually take effect properly. Logical, since you can hardly serve your own navy. :facepalm

Can you check the interface again? It should work really.

Anyway, is this just a interim solution? Because I think it would be nicer if you get commissioned ingame and could quit again^^
That would require introducing a completely new feature from scratch.
Perhaps one day we can do that, but for now either you're professional navy or you're not. Simplest solution. :shrug

Okay it is there, but only when you click on the right arrow (????!!!!) :D it is after sword-master and before adventurer, but if I click left at adventurer, I end up at swordmaster again :D when I then right click again, comissioned is there again :D

UGH! I'll have to check that when I get back. Pretty sure I fixed that already yesterday. :modding

Are you SURE you have the latest version? What is the date in your main menu?

Agh I oversaw that you already fixed it yesterday.. I have the 15. january version, so I guess it is okay in the newest ;)

Ah, that would explain it. Indeed that problem was there until yesterday. :yes

Found a tiny mistake: The crew that appears on ship deck when moored/on ship are still soldiers with a LoM

Wha? That doesn't sound possible, considering all the code that responsible for that in PROGRAM\NK.c is now outcommented.

Uhm.. there was actually one normal guy in the crew's quarters :D But the rest are still english soldiers seadogs2_0063.jpg seadogs2_0065.jpg

The sitting and laying characters are generated somewhere else i believe. They have other dialog files to.

AH! Good catch, those guys were generated somewhere completely else!
Just in time; I made the change to fix that and am now recompiling Beta 3.4 .

In the meantime, please put this in PROGRAM\LandEncounters and check if that sets them back to regular sailors for you.

Attachments

• LEnc_monsters.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 105
for example, if you are at war with your previous faction, i imagine the land should be revoked by the crown... or else one's personal wealth would only keep increasing at an increasing rate...with no regard to changing relations with a faction.

Sounds reasonable, altough I dont know how easy this would be to implement.

Well, Beta 3.4 has been released now so that is out of the way.

Now how about expanding a bit on our proposed functionality here?
As a reminder, below is what we have in mind with notes added on what has been done so far:

Extra Career Option:
Commissioned Naval Officer

This will make the following differences:
- No Food/Rum consumption: This is handled by the Admiralty - Done for Hornblower storyline, try to avoid here!
- No Salary to be Paid: Adjust this some way to be realistic (but not break the Hornblower storyline)
- If nation relations change, so do the player relations - DONE!
- Start with your crew being soldiers - DONE!

- Do NOT get awarded land upon promotion until reaching Flag Rank (rank 9)
- Do NOT get any dialog choice to buy a LoM from any governor - DONE!
- Do NOT get any dialog choice to purchase amnesty from a pirate relation agent - DONE!
- NO companion mutinies due to differences in reputation - DONE!

- Cannot hire officers from taverns - Receive from promotions/Naval HQs instead
- Cannot hoist other-nation flag; only player flag allowed - Up for debate....
- Pre-programmed officers and new ships for each promotion
- WISH: Free hiring of crew in own-nation taverns

Then for Privateer Gameplay:
- Do NOT get awarded any promotion ships (or, if we indeed give a promotion ship to the player on EACH rank for a navy officer, can we keep the single ship for privateer?)
- Do NOT get soldiers as crew when you purchase a LoM - DONE!
- Player nation relations remain player-dependent and do NOT change when natons make/break alliances (current game behaviour)

- WISH: Different rank names for promotions (cannot guarantee we'll manage that one....)
- Thoughts? What else bothers you currently when playing as Privateer?

The following things would remain the same:
- Both ways, gain points with a nation for sinking enemy ships/capturing enemy towns/etc.
- Still gain promotion swords at the appropriate ranks

Stuff other modders could help with:
1. Setting up a nation-dependent and period-dependent "tree" of promotion ships and officers.
You can do this directly in PROGRAM\NK.c and have the changes take effect in the game properly.
2. Adding Naval HQs to the game; at least one for each nation.

Who would be willing to help out with those two?

Back