• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Downloading problem!!!!

Empty? As in.... the file is there but there's nothing in it? How'd you manage THAT one??? :shock

You aren't trying to install into Program Files, are you? Just to be sure....

Yes 'buildsettings.h' was totally empty, nothing in it. Not in program files, I installed it into c:/games/pirates...... as you said in the guide. Don't know what happened and as I say I am confused about downloading is right or not. Downloaded zip files showing the same size as you said earlier.

I just uninstall it.

When you extract that 7-Zip file manually, does it still cause errors?
If yes, try redownloading and reinstalling.

Yes gallons of errors. I have to face the pain again, re-downloading:( My net is not fast & it will take 3/4 days :modding so you can imagine my pain, weekend is lost in errors :rumgone

:( :( :(

Perhaps it is possible to download from another place that has faster Internet, then put it on a USB stick?

@Pieter Boelen maybe we can upload the cabinet in more parts next time. That should prevent download errors if a network glitches.

If your having problems downloading big files, you need a file manager such as uGet, or FlareGet which have both Linux and Windows versions. They download files in chunks and error check those chunks, a lot less chance of file errors.

@Pieter Boelen maybe we can upload the cabinet in more parts next time. That should prevent download errors if a network glitches.
How to make that work with the installer EXE file though?
Should theoretically be possible, but I personally do not know how.

I think if you make it a split Archive the installer will still work. Normally if you make something a split Archive it still recognises it ans 1 Archive. You Need to use the Option while make the Archive to split it up in several parts (say for example 500mb per part)

The 7-Zip extracting method I used in the installer is VERY basic. I can't even make it extract to the destination folder.
That is why I have to move all files after it being extracted. :facepalm

I am using a special "nsis7z.dll" file, which is extremely simplified. Perhaps you could give it a try? I am in no position to do it myself right now.

Ahoy,
Sorry for the late reply guys. I have had some hardware problem :(, solved for now. I am starting download it in few min. I can download it from elsewhere but I don't want to. No matter how much time it will take, I am not in rush, busy with life too.

Back