• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Downloading problem!!!!

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
:ahoy
I had download the 'b14_beta3_full part 2' from moddb(piratesahoy.net). When I trying to unzip, I am getting error. A total of 15543, 'file broken error' (from resource & module). I tried with both winrar & 7zip. Result is the same. What should I do :(.
Do I need to download again?? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

*sorry for my bad english(it's my 2nd language).

Also download the installer and use that.

I had download the 'b14_beta3_full part 2' from moddb(piratesahoy.net). When I trying to unzip, I am getting error. A total of 15543, 'file broken error' (from resource & module). I tried with both winrar & 7zip. Result is the same. What should I do :(.
Do I need to download again?? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

*sorry for my bad english(it's my 2nd language).
I can't see "b14_beta3_full part 2". Going to the download site I see a link "Build 14 Beta 3.1 Part 2: Contents Archive" which leads to a download of "b14_beta3_full.7z". I've just downloaded that and unzipped it with 7zip. This worked without any errors.

Try downloading this file again and use 7zip.

There is no need to apologise for your English. It is fine. :thumbs1

Thanks for replay. I know I need the installer for install and I have it already. I know I downloaded the proper b14_beta3_full.7zip from moddb website(and it's download from piratesahoy.net) as Levis says above. The file is in 7zip format, so I need to unzip it first then put it in some folder along with installer and then run installer. But when I am going to unzip 'b14_beta3_full.7zip', I am facing the problem. 15543 error which is file broken error. So I am worried about it can not install the mod properly. Also after unzip file size is about 3 gb which I think not full-length size. Am I right mate??

No you dont need to unzip it. Just put the archive in the same folder as the installer

Is that so mate!!!! Damm.... I lost much time then :bonaparte Not in home right now, will get back in soon and will try it then. Will post the result in 2/3 hours. Thanks a lot mate.... back soon with result :keith

I also thought the file needed to be unzipped first, and did so. But if 7zip gives errors when it tries to unpack the file, and presumably the installer must unzip the file in order to extract the files, will it not also run into trouble?

But it does not run into trouble. This is what I have in my POTC installer folder and it just plain works.
POTC installer folder.jpg

Please check if the 7-Zip file is 2,388.25mb (2,504,265,443 bytes).
Since you cannot extract it normally, it sounds to me like it may have become corrupted.
In that case, even installing with the EXE file is not going to work right; you'll have to redownload.
If the standard ModDB mirror does not work, try one of the alternate links in the file description.

Ok mate, in home now and I am going to install it. My file size is showing 2504265433 bytes, as Pieter says. Lets see...:checklist

My file size is showing 2504265433 bytes...
Your file size is not right. It should be 2504265443.
Same like you Davy Jack:yes but mine showing in winrar format. Is that going to be any problem?
I somewhat remember that the installer will not recognize the file if not having a 7zip extension. But just try and see what happens. :)
Here is the latest installer: http://piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-121#post-479831

the extentions has to be .7z but Winrar can open that also and if you install winrar it will set itself as default program for it so thats not problem.
Did the install work?

The icon doesn't matter; that just shows which program is associated with the .7 extension.

Installation is done without showing any error. But when I try to open config it's showing "engine.ini or options file missed" and config window not open. There is nothing in engine.ini file in installation folder too. My file size is showing 5.45 GB(5,860,415,094 bytes) after installation. Is that size is right?? I installed it in C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean, as describe in guide line. Thanks for all reply & seeking reply again from you guys.

No that size is not correct. Not even close. Did you install this MOD into a stock POTC game? The stock game is 2.42GB and after Build 14 Beta 3.2 is installed into the stock game it should be close to 9.7GB. My Beta 3 install with some extra stuff in it is 10.2GB.

....when I try to open config it's showing "engine.ini or options file missed" and config window not open. There is nothing in engine.ini file in installation folder too.
Unfortunately that is a side-effect of the updated Config.exe; it fixes itself after the game has created its "options" file.

Actually, maybe I can include an empty "options" file in the next release to circumvent this issue.
Not sure if that'd work right, but it's worth a try....

Game is not running too. Yes I installed it into stock POCT game as describe. This is the system file log =>

"Scanning current directory
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
No 'modules path' key in engine.ini
Scanning current directory
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete"

Also 'BuildSettings.h' is empty. I am going to uninstall it then install it again. Don't understand I got problem in downloading or not :confused: . It showed no error during installation. It's a pain to download it again. But if the reinstall will not work then I have too :modding

Back