• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Early Explorers Starting Options

The English and Dutch emissaries at La Tortue do not offer ship-hunting quests. If you talk to them and say you're on business, the only option then is to say that you're just here to pay your respects.

Unlike governors with a similar problem, the Dutch emissary does offer a LoM. (The English emissary doesn't offer me one because I'm playing an English corsair, specifically Francis Drake, and already have it.)

Of course, a ship-hunting quest at La Tortue is likely to be very dangerous because the quickest way to find the target ship is to use Sail-To, pick one of the available ships, and hope it's not a Spanish galleon sitting next to Santo Domingo fort. :pirate41::pirateraft

The English and Dutch emissaries at La Tortue do not offer ship-hunting quests. If you talk to them and say you're on business, the only option then is to say that you're just here to pay your respects.
The emmissaries use PROGRAM\DIALOGS\emmisary_dailog.c or something like that. That dialog file doesn't have a "quests" case and therefore the ship hunting quests aren't there either.
I wasn't sure if they should have it, since they're not in charge on the island they're on.

Unlike governors with a similar problem, the Dutch emissary does offer a LoM.
There should no longer be any such governors. If there are, please let me know!
It is a one-line fix anyway; it just means they don't have the shared governor dialog set for them.

It makes sense if emissaries, being guests of some other nation, aren't allowed to issue ship-hunting quests. So if it's intentional rather than a bug, that's fine. Though you can't get a ship-hunting quest from the governor of La Tortue because he mostly acts as a pirate diplomat.

I think Charleston may still be a problem. The first time I noticed this was during my first play through "Bartolomeu" and thought it might be because the governor has been set differently to normal governors as he's corrupt and in Charles Baxter's pocket. But more recently I'd been playing "Assassin", got an English LoM (may as well stay friendly to them since you'll be working for them in the run-up to Isla Mona) and happened to be in Charleston when I was due a promotion - if I remember correctly, I couldn't collect that either. That, however, was before the 23rd June update.

It makes sense if emissaries, being guests of some other nation, aren't allowed to issue ship-hunting quests. So if it's intentional rather than a bug, that's fine. Though you can't get a ship-hunting quest from the governor of La Tortue because he mostly acts as a pirate diplomat.
Once you join the Pirate Brotherhood by talking to Isenbrandt Jurcksen, all pirate "governors" should change into REAL ones.
Which reminds me.... it is quite possible that they don't get the governor group dialog assigned when that happens; can't remember now.
The code for that is in PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_common.c in case "piratefun" .

I think Charleston may still be a problem. The first time I noticed this was during my first play through "Bartolomeu" and thought it might be because the governor has been set differently to normal governors as he's corrupt and in Charles Baxter's pocket. But more recently I'd been playing "Assassin", got an English LoM (may as well stay friendly to them since you'll be working for them in the run-up to Isla Mona) and happened to be in Charleston when I was due a promotion - if I remember correctly, I couldn't collect that either. That, however, was before the 23rd June update.
It was quite recently that I added the governor group dialog to him and it was indeed missing before.
Please check on the next update. If there is a different character init entry for him on the Assassin/Bartolomeu storylines, that might also cause that problem.
I just don't know if that is the case....

Yep, that part looks like it should work:
Code:
    case "piratefun":
       JoinNavy(PIRATE); // PB: Even simpler

// Rename "Pirates" to "Brethren of the Coast"
       ref period;
       makeref(period, Periods[GetCurrentPeriod()]);
       period.Nations.OfficialName.Pirate = "Brethren of the Coast";

// Tortuga: Not in Bartolomeu Storyline
       if (sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "BART_PUZZLES")))
       {
         if (iRealismMode == 0)
         {
           CaptureTownForNation("Tortuga", PIRATE);
           SetTownName("Tortuga", "Tortuga");
         }
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Bertrand Ogeron")].Dialog.Filename = "PGov_dialog.c";
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Bertrand Ogeron")].Dialog.Filename.GroupDialog = "governor.c";
       }

// Turks: Not in Jack Sparrow Storyline
       if (sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "JACK_SPARROW")))
       {
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dante Siciliano")].Dialog.Filename = "PGov_dialog.c";
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Dante Siciliano")].Dialog.Filename.GroupDialog = "governor.c";
       }

// Nevis: Not in Standard Storyline
       if (sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "START_MIN_LEVEL")) != 1)
       {
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].Dialog.Filename = "PGov_dialog.c";
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].Dialog.Filename.GroupDialog = "governor.c";
       }
I made some changes to disable the dialog and town changes depending on storyline and realism mode.
Does that seem about right or would it need tweaking?

I just checked and cannot find any references to "Thomas Modiford" in any of the storylines, so I think we should be good there.

Back