• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Edgar Attwood - Quest name not Found

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Beta 3 1st-Oct version

If when Edgar releases me from the prison - I kill him.

I get the error message log :- ERROR - Quest name kill_edgar_attwood_in_prison_complete NOT found in ANY function

On the screen

It does not appear to affect anything and the soldiers still attack me and Silehard still appears and talks to me and the story continues OK.

It appears to come from this line in the quests_reaction.c :

Code:
//Ýäãàð ïîäõîäèò ê áëåéçó
     case "Edgar_to_Blaze_complete":
       locx = stf(loadedLocation.locators.camera.camera13.x);
       locy = stf(loadedLocation.locators.camera.camera13.y);
       locz = stf(loadedLocation.locators.camera.camera13.z);
       locCameraToPos(locx, locy, locz, false);

pchar.quest.main_line = "prison";
       LAi_ActorDialogNow(characterFromID("Edgar Attwood"), pchar, "", -1);
       pchar.quest.edgar_life = "live";
       pchar.quest.kill_edgar_attwood_in_prison.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_Death";
       pchar.quest.kill_edgar_attwood_in_prison.win_condition.l1.character = "Edgar Attwood";
       pchar.quest.kill_edgar_attwood_in_prison.win_condition = "kill_edgar_attwood_in_prison_complete";  <<------- THIS LINE

pchar.quest.to_locator_where_soldiers_in_prison_see_you.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
       pchar.quest.to_locator_where_soldiers_in_prison_see_you.win_condition.l1.location = "Redmond_prison";
       pchar.quest.to_locator_where_soldiers_in_prison_see_you.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "merchant";
       pchar.quest.to_locator_where_soldiers_in_prison_see_you.win_condition.l1.locator = "reload13";
       pchar.quest.to_locator_where_soldiers_in_prison_see_you.win_condition = "to_locator_where_soldiers_in_prison_see_you_complete";
     break;

There is also this case in Edgar Attwood_dialog.c

which I am not sure if it has anything to do with it? :shrug

Code:
case "fight_in_prison":
       AddDialogExitQuest("kill_edgard_in_prison_complete");
       //pchar.quest.kill_edgar_in_prison.win_conddition = "kill_edgard_in_prison_complete";
       DialogExit();
       NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;
     break;

:drunk

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.9 KB · Views: 198
Something was named wrong.
Please extract this file to:
\Pirates of the Caribbean\PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests

and let me know if you still get the error.
It should only trigger if you kill edgar

Looks to me like "they" originally wrote the code one way, found it didn't work, then redid the code.
Except the reason it didn't work was that the cases weren't named the same.

The code in the dialog triggers the REAL event. The code in quests_reaction.c has the typo.
If we fix the typo, then the dialog trigger is wrong. One way or the other, it'll continue properly because one of the two is right.
So I think we should just remove the wrong one to prevent the log message.

Now when I kill Edgar I get the following :-

ERROR - Quest name kill_edgard_in_prison_complete NOT found in ANY function

:shrug

I think the game is getting confused between Edgar & Edgard ( are they twins or something - dopplegangers :rofl )

Attachments

• compile.log
    7.6 KB · Views: 204
Why would you want to kill Attwood anyway? o_O If you keep him around for a while and let him do his quest he turns into a Super Officer. :beer:

Just wanted to see if it worked and the story/ quest continued. OK:read

And anyway his reputation is Rascal - and I am Hero ( such a goody-goody :rofl) - so he is not going to be the most loyal of Officers.

Yeah he keeps getting into bar fights and you have to bail him outta jail, but once he sobers up he gets to be pretty good. You just have to watch him like a child.

save to

Pirates of the Caribbean\PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS

:ahoy

Tried the new dialog file in Post # 8 - and killed Edgar

it gives me :-

ERROR - Quest name kill_edgar_in_prison_complete NOT found in ANY function
ERROR - Quest name kill_edgar_attwood_in_prison_complete NOT found in ANY function

and when Silehard comes to the prison after I have killed Edgar - his dialog gives me the option to hire Edgar even though he is dead- oops :unsure

Compile .log attached

Also - a Save from just before Edgar talks to you in prison - if anyone wants to test things themselves.

Attachments

• compile.log
    7.2 KB · Views: 190
  • -=Player=- Jamaica.7z
    585.8 KB · Views: 222
Think the drugs (from the operation) are making me still a bit drowsey so I make mistakes :p.

Think this should work. Can't test it myself atm.

Attachments

• EDGAR_FIX.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 198
Don't worry about it, Levis. I deleted the code that triggers the error message, which should put an end to it.
This just happens because of some superfluous code. We never noticed before, because I only recently put those log messages in the code.
I'll include the fix in my next upload, of course. :yes

Would killing him give you 20 000 gpcs? hehehe:p I mean as of this day.:aar - cause I don't remember him having any money back then when I tried to kill him.

20,000 - I don't think so - you might get some money off the soldiers you kill in the prison - & Silehard gives you 5,000 to go looking for Rheims, but that is it.

Back