• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

El Morro Fort

Bartolomeu o Portugues

Buccaneer
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
I'm learning how to use Maya because I have a big project over the next months.
Indeed, I would like to install El Morro castle near Havana for a future quest. I already found an El morro castle 3D model on the web and I'll try to make a gm file from this model in order to install it in the game as I did for the Aguadilla fort.
The problem will also be to make a modified location to install the fort there. If anyone really wants to participe in this project tell me...

In fact, I would like to make a big spectacular scene in a future quest showing pirates attacking and climbing the fort. (I would need to make a ladder model to put on the walls).

Let's hope my idea is not too ambitious... :?

Well... let's take clear about what you want to make:

A) Island fort model in 3D sailing mode...
B) Inside locations?

EDIT: Link to that site with model... I'd like to look

Well... let's take clear about what you want to make:

A) Island fort model in 3D sailing mode...
B) Inside locations?
Both? Or C : outside land location?

I don't know about your idea, but wouldn't the simple pirates that would attempt to attack such a fort with ladders be slightly too ambitious? :764: :328_skull: At what time do you want this attack to take place?

I've got good news.. Here are the first screenshots of the location and fort. There are still many things I need to do :
Finish the character patch, the lightning, add many locators and some vegetation, add some buildings in the rear area of the fort and add the fort cannons and soldiers of course...

About the attack, I think I can do something.. With the ladders and the climbing animation, it would be possible :?

btw : What do you mean by what time do you want this attack to take place, ASVS ?

Nice model, perhaps some more work on textures? more variaty (wooden doors, guns etc)? But good job Bartolomeu! Very nice!

Don't forget lighting files...
Yes, already made...

Nice model, perhaps some more work on textures? more variaty (wooden doors, guns etc)? But good job Bartolomeu! Very nice!

Work on the textures... You know, I'm not really good in this kind of work :) .. But maybe, for the holidays you can improve this location and fort. By the way, anyone knows why the grass doesn't appear in a location when we use the grass generator.. I made the file for this new location but it doesn't appear there.. :modding

Btw : Some more stuff I made.. ladder, grapnel and a chain for the Havana port (like in that time)

That's quite impressive! Not sure where you want to get a climbing animation from though...
Did anyone figure out character modeling with Maya yet?

I worked on the El Morro's location these last days. Here are some screenshots.

Btw : At the moment, the last quest of the Assassin main quest is finished up to the battle of El Morro. I will continue it next week after making a new video for this quest.

Hi, good job!
If you want i found some textures:

BrickOldMixedSize0148_thumbhuge.jpg

BrickOldRounded0136_1_thumbhuge.jpg

BrickOldRounded0075_thumbhuge.jpg

That looks great! Obviously, the textures can be improved, but the model is excellent!
I must say, I've never played the Assassin quest all the way through, but something like this would certainly get me playing it again!

Thanks both for your comments. :doff
About the textures, I'll let Thomas the Terror or anyone else improve them later when my work is included into a future patch. For now, my priority is to finish the Assassin Main Quest.
I won't have the time soon to work much for the BuildMod and there are enough unfinished mods for POTC so as not to add one of mine. :facepalm

That looks great, mate! Looks like the model even works ingame! How are you doing that?
Seems the lighting is missing, but hopefully we can create some COL files and get that sorted. :yes

I made the COL files but I've got the outcome you can see in the screenshots :shrug
It seems it doesn't work for the outside locations because when I made them for the taverns of Santiago and Havana they worked. :?
About the model, you are talking of the military tent, right ?
I found this model in the google sketchup library, made some minor changes, exported it like an OBJ. file from Google Sketchup 7 and converted it with Maya. It works like a Building Set model...

btw:
I think I will send you this location next week before finishing the quest so that you can test it....

Oh, they're all BuildingSet models, eh? COL files unfortunately don't work on those. :facepalm

Friday, I will release the last video of the Assassin Main Quest. It will feature the El Morro´s location. We can see Bartolomeu and Elting climbing the cliff below the fort and other things.

I made an inside location from the El Morro fort. It has got its own character patch.
In this location, at the beginning, Elting and Bartolomeu will be on the upper floor seeing Morgan and his men fighting the Spanish soldiers below. Elting and Bartolomeu will join the fight jumping over the place.
About the upper floor, I'm already working on its character patch so that the player can go round the fort and fight more enemies.

btw: This video is only for showing the location. It must not be included into the BuildMod.

Looks cool, mate! Again the lighting seems to be an issue though. Maybe you should ask Damski or SuperDurnius for some location help?

Back