• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

El Morro Fort

I didn't make the col. files for this location yet. But I'll do it.... The problem is it seems they don't work on the El Morro's location. After finishing the locations and quest, I will try to find a solution with Damski or SuperDurnius..

Otherwise, here's the upper floor. I was only able to make half of the character patch for this location (very hard to make it :? I spent many hours for that ) but for my quest it's enough.

Congratulations, mate! I don't know how you make the locations,
but maybe you use some sort of uncommon process for the game that doesn't allow it to understand how to make the lighting data? :wacko:

BTW: Are you intending to add more detail to the locations somehow? At the moment, they're rather... bricky...? :?

Congratulations, mate! I don't know how you make the locations,
but maybe you use some sort of uncommon process for the game that doesn't allow it to understand how to make the lighting data? :wacko:
When I finish the locations (in a few days), I will send you all the stuff so that you can see how I did that.
BTW: Are you intending to add more detail to the locations somehow? At the moment, they're rather... bricky...? :?

Well, it's a fort xD: normal to be bricky. But, I will try to add some details (maybe adding new Building Set models :? to these inside locations)

btw:
The third and last inside location for the El Morro is the warehouse model made by the Russian modders and used for the Santiago warehouses' attack in the Bartolomeu Main Quest. I just need to add the aztec treasure inside and some enemies. :cheeky

Well, it's a fort xD: normal to be bricky. But, I will try to add some details (maybe adding new Building Set models :? to these inside locations)
Haha! Very true. :rofl
I'm just thinking you could easily get lost or something because it looks very similar wherever you go. :wp

The third and last inside location for the El Morro is the warehouse model made by the Russian modders and used for the Santiago warehouses' attack in the Bartolomeu Main Quest. I just need to add the aztec treasure inside and some enemies. :cheeky
That sounds VERY cool! :woot
You might want to consider adding that Aztec treasure as a .always model so you don't need to make a completely new location of it.

Haha! Very true. :rofl
I'm just thinking you could easily get lost or something because it looks very similar wherever you go. :wp
Like a maze xD: I will find a solution so that it doesn't look so uniform..
That sounds VERY cool! :woot
You might want to consider adding that Aztec treasure as a .always model so you don't need to make a completely new location of it.
the always model is the method I will use :yes

Good news! the lightning works... The first time I made the col. files for this location (a long time ago) I made a mistake. That's why they didn't work. As you can see in the screenshots, everything is alright. I started adding details to the inside locations. I've had to create some meshes like the three barrels together and add them with TOOL to the locations. I'll look for new models today in the Google sketchup library to add more variety to the locations..

At the moment, I already downloaded new models from the Sketchup library : banner for the walls but also wall torch (I want to light up some parts of these locations thanks to the locators seeing the attack is at night).

You first screenie especially reminds me of locations in Half Life 2. Very good work! :onya

Thanks for the comment, miklkit. I try to do my best for the buildmod xD: But, I would like to have the talent of the HL2 's developpers. xD:

To Pieter :

Yesterday, I finished the upper floor. (see screenshots for the new details). Tomorrow or Saturday, the below floor will be finished ( I like the banners I added to the walls of that location :cheeky ). Afterwards, I will improve the El Morro 's outside location (1 or 2 days of work for that). So, next week (I think Friday) I will release all the stuff so that you can download it. Only after, I will work again on the quest to finish it. :nk

Thanks Thomas and Pieter for your comments.

I finished the below floor. xD:
Here are some screenshots.
This week-end, I'll improve the outside location :keith

Thanks Pieter.

About your code for the patrol, I noted it doesn't work if the range between the locators is higher than 12 strides. The other problem is I can't add more than 1 soldier using this code in a location otherwise the patrol is messed up. I don't know if the problem is about my location or your code. :shrug
Anyway, I've already looked for another solution for this part of my quest. Over the next days, I'll try it.

I have no idea why the distance should make any difference.

What happens if you set two soldiers to patrol? In what way is it messed up?
I don't quite understand all of that code, but I did manage to get Gregor Samsa to walk back and forth between two locators. :shrug

Looks good, Bartolomeu! The fixed lighting and added detail really improved things too. :onya
Two comments I found so far:
. The Morro outside location doesn't have it's ground shadow file; apparently it needs to be in the Storm folder instead of the Evening one.
. On the inside locations, sometimes you can see the sky and then below it the blackness of "nothing".
Would it be possible at all for you to add, say, a bunch of mountains around the location?
Otherwise, maybe we should enable the sea in these locations through the location init files.

Looks good, Bartolomeu! The fixed lighting and added detail really improved things too. :onya
Two comments I found so far:
. The Morro outside location doesn't have it's ground shadow file; apparently it needs to be in the Storm folder instead of the Evening one.
I've just sent one shadow file so as not to increase too much the file' size (less than 10 mo for attachments) and the shadow file is the same for all the cases.
Otherwise, maybe we should enable the sea in these locations through the location init files.
I prefer this solution, easier.. and the fort is near the sea. :yes

Back