• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved ENB Improved Graphics & Most recent version.

Green Jacket

Sailor Apprentice
Firstly love the mod, been following for about 2 years now, but due to have having the Xbox version nothing I could do but get all jealous.

About 4-5 months ago found a copy of POTC for PC in a local store during my lunch break, grabbed it, ran home after work, installed it + this mod onto my laptop and great! Best Mod (bar dayz and multiple TW mods I've played in years)

Loved the fact it worked even with my Intel graphics card :p (honestly cannot remember if I even needed to apply the fix).

Now tomorrow I'm going to install the newer version of the Mod onto my gaming rig, should have no problems, but since I tried to install this mod... god about 3-4 years ago when I was lent a pc version of the game on another laptop, I had loads of bother and naturally now I'm a lil paranoid about it going smooth (at least it easier to get working than ETW mind you).

Firstly even though it very old (dec 12th 2009), is "ENB Improved Graphics" compatible with the current build?

Secondly, I noticed on this thread - http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/, it stated the correct version was updated on tuesday the 8th of oct, Moddb says it was released on the 7th of oct however both files here uploaded on the 29th of sept..... This is the correct version right?

P.S. sorry if the second question was silly, I suffer from insomnia during winter month for some bizarre reason and I go a bit loopy, just don't want any stress in the morning ontop of lectures etc :onya

P.S.S ahhh gotta love the monkey island monkeys :D :monkeydance

The most recent version is from November 9 (I believe) downlaod the updated installer You still need the archive file from moddb. All other updates are in the installer.

ENB is still compatible. It's included in the installer as an option to install or not.

So no need to install ENB separate? Nice seems like you guys have everything covered :p

Just for future reference where can I find the most recent version on the build on this site? Presuming the Moddb version is slightly out of date....

Check the links in the first post in this topic:
http://piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/

They should always be update to date. Altough the description might say they are not ;).
I forgot to update it last time but the post should explain it all now.

And yes ENB is include, no need to do that seperatly anymore.

Great, thanks a bunch :cheers I'm currently at my GF's so I'll get it all installed when I get home, I'm really looking forward to ENB seeing I dare not use it on my laptop.

I'll most likely be back in roughly 9 hours with tears of joy (you have no idea how much I hate playing games on my laptop:modding) or tears of frustration.

Indeed ENB is included in the installer, so it should be nice and easy.

If you find performance is crap when using it, there will be an "Uninstall ENB.exe" file in your main game folder so you can get rid of it.

Haha the reason I dare not use it on my laptop is if it cannot handle a game it will do one of two things.

A. Crash straight away or give bad performance

Or much more often.....

B. Just push itself to it's limits so I can play and in the process melt it's own parts from the inside.

Luckily the two times it's melted itself from the inside the warrenty covered it, but it's now 2 and a half years old and out of warrenty :/ Thus wanting to try ENB on my gaming rig.... plus I hate playing games on laptops :modding

That B there is pretty crazy! Usually ENB should just cause crappy performance if your computer can't handle it.
It shouldn't be blowing up your computer. That's nuts. :shock

I wasn't singling out ENB!!!!

Just random games do it to my laptop :p I have to be "really" careful with system specs and monitor the internal temp... which as you can guess is a pain in the ass! lol

I wouldn't use my laptop for that purpose at all but when I'm travelling between home and uni etc its easier to take home.

as an ex-alienware owner I know how much it sucks if you manage to melt components in your laptop ..... yeah it sucked back then :wp

Back