• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ENB series help

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
Hey. I recently downloaded the ENB series for the storm engine from ModDB, and was wondering where a guide to this version is. Basically, I want to improve the settings on it if possible, and don't know what numbers I am allowed to use. Can't find a read me with the instalation, so I'm a bit stuck :eek:k

I used the default settings that came with it, and runs at near enough full frames, so I'm just wondering how far I can improve the quality :urgh

I might have put this in the wrong sub forum. Something tells me it should be in the build mod forum. Ah well, it'll be moved into the build mod forum anyway if so.

I quit using ENB early this year, so don't remember much.

With stock settings it made everything glow badly, so I turned that feature waaaay down. No, I don't remember what those settings are called. That's about all I did to it. I don't like HDR anyway.

I guess that's what I was going to alter when I would improve the settings on it. I would definitely tone the glow down. It's just that if my computer can handle 95-100% full frames, then it wouldn't hurt to pump up the settings? Would be good if I knew the boundaries for the values. Ah well :/

I think the file you need to edit is enbseries.ini in the main game folder.
Some of the values look like 0 or 1 (off or on) settings, whereas others are specific values.
I'm not sure of the boundaries myself, so you'll have to experiment with them a bit. :mm

I think the file you need to edit is enbseries.ini in the main game folder.
Some of the values look like 0 or 1 (off or on) settings, whereas others are specific values.
I'm not sure of the boundaries myself, so you'll have to experiment with them a bit. :mm

Yeah. I knew how to edit them, but was curious about the value boundries, since they can be quite unclear at times.
I heard that if you wanted maximum quality, such as waterquality and motionblur quality, you needed to set it to '-1'
ENB does confuse me without a proper guide. I tried messing around with the values, and it stayed near enough the same :?
Maybe I'm not just changing the right values. But I have tried messing around with bloom, and tried to increase water quality
and such, to no prevail.

Here is the configuration readme, have fun with the settings! :onya

Attachments

• readme_en.txt
    17 KB · Views: 252
Here is the configuration readme, have fun with the settings! :onya

Aye, cheers Seb :cheers

If my computer could handle full frames with the default ENB series, then I hope it can do the same with all the maximum quality options :)

Never knew it would be "0" when it came to the quality options. And The bloom power in day setting was at 100/100. No wonder why it was so bright at day 8)

The ENB readme files should be in your \Documentation folder together with other information.

If you have used ENB with other games Akella Fan, you'll know what I'm talking about. Have you tried running GTA: San Andreas at full frames with maximum ENB quality? So yeah, it can take a big chunk out of your frame rate you know. :nk I doubt even on my computer rated 6.5 for graphics and gaming graphics (somehow) can run GTA: SA with maximum settings on ENB with the 10x draw distance mod. Although I can say now for PoTC, ENB does improve things. I've noticed the sky looks much better, reflections on water are better, lighting seems better etc. I'm going to actually go and install GTA: San Andreas again (got removed when I installed windows 7) and see how that works. With some games, ENB can be a very noticeable improvement.

Many of the ENB possibilities cannot work in POTC, because POTC works under a DX8 Engine, and many of the best ENB options are designed to work under DX9 unfortunately... I tried many times to use a DX9 version of the ENB for POTC, but it just gives you runtime errors...

Back