• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Enemy captains with "Light Repair" perk are unsinkable

Nope. Now I'm sure, russian version isn't the reason (just for the info). Could the problem be with files that aren't replaced by NH files after installation? (version of the original game is 1.00, eng, but maybe should try another link)
Nobody has had the time yet to look into fixing this bug, so it's probably still in there.
What I would like to know is if this bug was ALWAYS in the game or if it was introduced by a mod update at some point.

Well, I fixed that. Really was a stupid mistake in text. May I ask, will it be possible to switch between language in main menu options, if I'll create RUSSIAN folder like ENGLISH, that already exist. Because localization that I used before was just in ENGLISH folders (and when switching languge in main menu localization permanently crushed. Half of the buttons in main menu was blank and not only there). So, should I put russian translation files in RUSSIAN folders instead?

Thanks! That narrows it down at least a bit. :doff

I wonder if there are any intermediate mod versions still to be found on the internet...

After having had another battle ruined by this, I'd like to do something about it. And it may be quite easy.

In "PROGRAM\Characters\officertypes\init_officertypes.c", several officer types have this in their definition:
Code:
if(isPerkExisting("LightRepair")) {OfficerTypes.(type).perks.LightRepair = 1};
If I remove that from the definitions for various captains (OFFIC_TYPE_CAPMERCHANT, OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP, OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, OFFIC_TYPE_CAPPIRATE, OFFIC_TYPE_CAPPRIVATEER), would that be enough to prevent the leveling system from assigning it randomly to enemy captains?

The battle in question was me in a brigantine versus an enemy, also in a brigantine. At this time I wasn't sufficiently advanced in melee skills or equipment to be likely to survive boarding a warship, so I engaged in a cannonfire duel. Once again, I got it down to almost sinking, expended a lot of ammo trying to finish it off, and concluded that the bug had struck again. The only way I was going to get away from there was to board the ship, and of course I got killed pretty quickly. And so what should have been a highly enjoyable and epic battle turned into a game breaker.

If I remove that from the definitions for various captains (OFFIC_TYPE_CAPMERCHANT, OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP, OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, OFFIC_TYPE_CAPPIRATE, OFFIC_TYPE_CAPPRIVATEER), would that be enough to prevent the leveling system from assigning it randomly to enemy captains?
Worth a try!

Back