• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine.exe Crash

dougie995

Landlubber
Hey, this is my first post, so I'm new to this.

I have the last build 13 mod, and it has been working fine for about a week, but now when I try to have a look at the world map and travel to other islands it freezes up and crashes . to the desktop with an ENGINE.exe crash notice.
My computer is fairly high powered and has been playing the game fine for the last week. I do not have the problem on older save games, only the most recent. It seems as though it does not happen on lower lvl characters. The last quest mission I did was trying to meet Dannielle at the lighthouse after intimidating the governor of Redmond and she isn't there...

I think i have logs enabled, but do not know where to get them to post them. any help would be great.

Cheers in advance.

:gday

To find your logs, open up your POTC folder. They are the compile, error, and system logs. Also in there are the buildsettings.h and engine.ini folders where you can set your personal game settings.

:gday

To find your logs, open up your POTC folder. They are the compile, error, and system logs. Also in there are the buildsettings.h and engine.ini folders where you can set your personal game settings.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!
I have the folder open, but cannot find these logs, ive been searching through every subfolder for about 20 mins to no avail... Do you happen to know the exact filepath? or is it different for everyone? I am using a cracked version without the cd, if that makes a difference.

That sounds vaguely familiar; see if this helps: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/midnight_fullcargohold_ctdfix_b13.zip
That is to fix a crash that occurs at midnight when your cargo holds are very full; that usually happens after you did some proper plundering.

you could be right there, since i don't think the fix ever made it into build 13.

I know for certain that it didn't; that fix was released after Build 13 Final was.

Hey guys, thanks for the help,

I've downloaded the file and extracted it but it's not an application, just a text filled file, do I have to simply copy it into something else or??

Thanks, sorry for being such a gumby!

Extract that file to PROGRAM\Characters and replace the file already there.

It IS Build 13 Final that you're trying to install this on, right? If you just extract that WinZip file to your main game folder, it should work straight away without trouble.

It's been a while since I played Build 13 but I seem to remember that it would crash a lot when trying to sail from island to island. Never did cure that.

Back