• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Evr'ything is changed

Hoboseadog

Sailor Apprentice
Hearts of Oak Donator
Years since my last visit to the forums i'm here again and i seen evr'ything is changed.
My old computer was burn out and all my builds, mods and tips flown away...
After a long long time i reinstalled my old PotC game and the build-13 final (which i normally used)but it's different than the old B-13 i got.

So i kindly request some information.
_ How can i convert the captain's cabin to a smaller one and to get the crew headquarters ?
_ How can i revert the "great Oxbay" to the "classic Oxbay ?
_ Finally how can i do to eliminate cannon ball holes in my sails ??
Build 14 don't work on my Windows-7 of my PC

Many thanks 4 ur help.

I don't remember the difference between Build 13 Full (first release) and Build 13 Final being quite that large.
I also haven't played it for a looong time, so I can't rightly remember what was already in there and what was new.

That being said, I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities:

1. The cabin depends on the ship you are sailing. Bigger ships get bigger cabins.
2. I think in Build 13, the [Enter] menu at sea has separate options for "Cabin", "Hold" and "Crew Quarter's".
In the Build 14 Beta, you can walk around your ship as if on land though.
3. There is a toggle on it in PROGRAM\BuildSettings.h; open with Notepad. I think you need to start a new game to downsize Oxbay back to its stock game state.
4. Do you want to disable the visible holes or the actual taking damage? Are you using Godmode or are you talking about general gameplay?

I still have Build 13 Final installed and Pieter is correct on all points.

Buid 14 does not work? Have you read the FAQ?

I don't remember the difference between Build 13 Full (first release) and Build 13 Final being quite that large.
I also haven't played it for a looong time, so I can't rightly remember what was already in there and what was new.

That being said, I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities:

1. The cabin depends on the ship you are sailing. Bigger ships get bigger cabins.
2. I think in Build 13, the [Enter] menu at sea has separate options for "Cabin", "Hold" and "Crew Quarter's".
In the Build 14 Beta, you can walk around your ship as if on land though.
3. There is a toggle on it in PROGRAM\BuildSettings.h; open with Notepad. I think you need to start a new game to downsize Oxbay back to its stock game state.
4. Do you want to disable the visible holes or the actual taking damage? Are you using Godmode or are you talking about general gameplay?

_ The old B 13 shown the tutorial captain's cabin as the smallest one but in the new B13 cabin is a stock PotC one and hasn't more options.
_ Classic Oxbay is now Ok.
_ Yes i like my crew member and sails without damage and holes after a battle and i refer about general gameplay.

Tks Pieter

1. I just checked with my Build 13 Final install and it turns out that in that case, the tutorial cabin is not correct for your ship type. However, once you finish the tutorial, it IS correct for the remainder of the game.

4. We never did get round to stopping crew and sail damage with godmode on. I always use the console to instantly repair my ship.
But for that I use a function that isn't actually in Build 13 yet. If you want, I'm sure we can help you get it working in your game as well though.

I'm still confused on why the Build 14 Beta won't work?

1. I just checked with my Build 13 Final install and it turns out that in that case, the tutorial cabin is not correct for your ship type. However, once you finish the tutorial, it IS correct for the remainder of the game.

4. We never did get round to stopping crew and sail damage with godmode on. I always use the console to instantly repair my ship.
But for that I use a function that isn't actually in Build 13 yet. If you want, I'm sure we can help you get it working in your game as well though.

I'm still confused on why the Build 14 Beta won't work?

Hi Pieter !
My external hard disk is already reformated and i reinstalled de Potc B14 2 game. It's fantastic !!. So i prefer that one of course !!.
Now please let me know how disable visibles holes on sails and how to get my crew safe without casualties after a battle.

All of u made a greater and fantastic work. My effusivest congratulation.

Thanks v'ry much.

East way is to open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
        //    GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Remove the "//" in front. Now whenever you want to repair your ship, restore your sails, crew and supplies, just press F12.

Very good. it's working fine just pressing F12

I don't like 2 bother u Pieter but let me ask u one more question: How can i cheat to get some land possessions on starting a new game?

Once again thanks v'ry much 4 ur help

Execute something like this through the console:
Code:
AddLandToCharacter(pchar, Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_town")].island, ENGLAND, 10*LAND_PER_RANK);
See if that works. Change the "10" depending on what you want.

Execute something like this through the console:
Code:
AddLandToCharacter(pchar, Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_town")].island, ENGLAND, 10*LAND_PER_RANK);
See if that works. Change the "10" depending on what you want.

Yeah, once again ur help is quite good 4 me.

Thank u v'ry much indeed.

I appreciate it.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Back