• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Export animation.

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

I've just made an Export animation to get characters out of TOOL in the correct pose for binding to the source skeleton in Maya.
Should be OK for mixing models & eventually porting over to CoAS.
Can be applied to any male PoTC model.
It's not perfect coz TOOL somehow doesn't read it exactly as it was in Maya...but it cuts a lot of work out adjusting the arms to fit the skeleton without having to guess about rotating the arms in the right spot....just minor adjustments to do.

The files are in my FTP folder.
-----------------------------------------------------
Put the files in the animation folder that TOOL reads from.
In TOOL, just select Export_ani.an > the model > press the animation data tab,
(TOOL'll say it's bollocks when the error box appears but just press continue),
in the animation data viewer and editor move the lower slider till the model goes to the blind pose > press unbind and save.
Then open the saved model in gm.viewer and export it.
In Maya...open the Anim_all_men source file > import the obj. model character > scale to the source model, make a few adjustments....then alter what you want but don't stray too far from the pose position.
-----------------------------------------------------
I'll do a female version and one for CoAS characters.CoAS characters should be easy to convert to PoTC and visa verse afterwards.

:cheers
damski.

You can not build a house on a foundation of sand, and it looks like you are building a solid foundation here. :cheers

That is absolutely brilliant! So after this, character modeling isn't going to be such a royal pain in the *** anymore? :woot
When I get back home, I've got some proper work to do on compiling all the latest tutorials, how-to's and tools in an easy-to-find format...

Back