• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Extreme difficult missions

No she doesn´t IF you have rejected all present offers from "Gladys McArthur" before, IF you gave the chest from "Henry the Hangman" to "Gladys McArthur" before and IF you called Helen "Helen Sharp" and NOT "Helen McArthur" when she was hiring as an officer and startet the one year time limit. ONLY then you will get the opportunity to choose Helen instead of Mary after the trial court went through (screenshot).

I´m going to try your save now and will report back soon but of course i can´t garantee you anything, as i´m not a dev or programmer who is responsible for this kind os bullshit.

Attachments

• choose Helen or Mary.jpg
    choose Helen or Mary.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
Ah no worries, I'm not too eager to be staring at fake tits all day long anyway :p

But yea I tried everything and no solution for the bug, please let me know if you have an idea!

You got me wrong again.

I only told you how to choose Helen instead of Mary in case you want to start TEHO from the beginning some sunny day. I don´t worry about anything here.

Well, i have tried your save in every possible way, even sailed to other cities on the map but the bug remains wherever you go. That means GAME OVER for now. The only possibilty that i can see here is to repeat the musketeer fight without Mary as it is also never a good idea to lose her like this.

BTW:

I saw that you don´t have any ships on the moor at the moment. It would mean that you didn´t keep the Fortune, is that correct? You should know that in TEHO you are always in danger to lose them like you could always lose money in the banks in AoP2.

Right now i have beaten Diego in the armory (10 seconds with Ometochli Tincture), so i got close to your last working save again. Shure, that you don´t want to join in again? ;)

Last edited:
Haha I will take a day break since I am playin too much!

And no I never have more than 1 ship at a time unless I am going raiding to ports then I take 2 trade fleet and then sell them when I loot a few cities!

Problem is, each city raid you get like 50k bounty, and it takes 600 dubloons every time you want to lower in St pierre.
Unless you go to Port royal and pay that thief lawyer several million, then you would have lost the investment on raiding!

Last edited:
Absolutely understandable, enjoy your day off!

And about raiding cities: Jesus! I didn´t know that because i´m absolutely not hot to try these kind of things in this game. :no

Yea it used to be profitable in AOP2 but here it's so-so.
Just take your ghost ship and a navel or indiaman as fleet, then it's enough for the city's loot.

650-700 on your ship and about 100-150 on fleet ship should be more than enough for normal cities, while a full crew on your fleet ship if you want to hit havana and such (from jungles, I never tried attacking forts since it's impossible without man o war)

Yea this is more a story telling adventure with a lot of bla bla bla, seeking things and running from A to B.

How did you manage to get white sails for the ghostship? No shipyard owner is offering me to change the look of my sails for the ghost. Sharptown?

Oh yea over there, then after you ask for shipyard services you go to the second-to-last option and ask for "special" service and then you can do 2 things: change sails, and change your cabin look.

For your sails it costs 100k, and for cabin, it costs 10 chests of dubloons, totalling 1500 dubloons.
So keep buying empty chest from bankers and store in your ship until you have 10 and 1500 gold, then craft chests and give them to sharptown shipyard guy.
In case you arent finding empty chests then before you open dialog with banker, save and keep reloading until he has available.

I usually do this with everything, especially tavern, shipyard (for different types of ships everytime you reload), and banker.
But most important, is to save BEFORE you open dialog or else you will get what you encountered when you opened dialog.

A.H said:

"I usually do this with everything, especially tavern, shipyard (for different types of ships everytime you reload), and banker.
But most important, is to save BEFORE you open dialog or else you will get what you encountered when you opened dialog."

We are using the same tricks xD

Last edited:
I'm now playing again the Ksocheatem island, and I found the guardian of mask, but he is impossible to defeat!
Even when I block, he takes 80% of my health and sometimes kills me with just 1 hit..
then stupidness happens: he replenishes health... ofcourse, what else to expect from silly TEHO missions?!

Then more skeletons come, but I still have not killed him.
Any tips on how to kill him?

( if you see, he has the hard attack which is very fast, and sometimes he does 2 in a row which doesn't give you enough time to press shift & left click... and even worse, sometimes the shift & left click command doesn't function properly)

Attachments

• QuickSave.zip
    1 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Your quicksave is useless as i can´t fight for you. I killed him yesterday and had no problems at all. In this moment i´m preparing for Tayasal and will finish the game tomorrow.

1. You can´t use normal weapons for the Guardian, you can only use the magic dagger on him
2. You have to prepare yourself with a lot of Elixir (i use 50 bottles for the whole Ksocheatem), Ometochli Tincture (about 10) and Tears of Ixchel (2 or 3) to recover your health afterwards (all this is always important for TEHO fights!)
3. Your Health should be Excellent before the fight
4. The only weak point of the Guardian is, that he can´t run fast
5. You have to attack him with group attacks while using Ometochli Tincture (that destroys him very fast) till your health goes down, then run around in circles (only fight him at the beach where you have enough space to move) and try to stay away from flames and recover your health
6. Always use quicksave when you were successful killing him one time and he is recovering. Always keep running around the beach till your health is recovered and Ometochli Tincture is available again
7. You can more or less ignore the other skeletons because they don´t have much power and disappear after some time or die during your group attacks and they are so stupid that they run into flames when they follow you
8. I don´t know how difficult that fight is in Hard mode but in Normal mode it´s possible. You need to have patients for that because you have to kill the Guardian 4 times till he is giving up
9. In the end he will keep the dagger, so make shure that you don´t have to fight other left skeletons afterwards because your normal weapons are useless here
10. This is all help that i can give you, the fight you have to survive on your own

Good luck again!

BTW:

From Rocky Cove to Shark Beach you have to sail to the right and better never reload your game at sea here or you will get into very rough waters. I always defeat the spanish fleet with nice exploding mine carpets while peacefully sailing to Shark Beach and they sink one by one behind me, as they deserve. xD

I sold already 58 from 88 chests today. A hell of a job but i had to go shopping for Tayasal anyway.

Last edited:
Yes I know, I finished all the island I just kept the guardian for the end.

But the group attack, what is that?

and what do you mean by fire?
There was only 4 fires inside the mask room, and outside the room it was normal without any fire

Edit: im-fucking-possible... this is the stupidest battle by far, and I have claimed that everything before that is stupid, but this is the king of stupid! the skeletons just keep popping up everytime they die, and doesn't give me a chance to fight the guardian..
i guess now i confirm that I'm done with this game, this truly kills the soul of AOP2 with such a garbage development.

Last edited:
DON´T FIGHT INSIDE THE GROTTO!

I told you, that you should only fight the Guardin outside the cave at the beach where you have enough space to move and during that fight there are popping up flames from time to time. If you would follow my steps you would experience that.

I don´t really know how to describe what group attack means in english cause it´s not my mother language but i will try. It´s a double strike from left to right and backwards. Maybe it´s also called combo or double strike or whatever. I don´t know better.

Last edited:
Yes I tried running aruond, but the skeletons die and more skeletons come.. it doesn't stop, and no time to attack the guardian. If I do attack then the 2 skeletons also attack and I cannot defend against every incoming attack.
I tried the group attack while taking the tincture, but still doesn't do much damage.

OK, then that must have to do with Hard mode. You should never try that in a game that you didn´t play before. Always step by step. For shure it´s not the fault of the game because i´m not a good fighter at all and need lots of potions to survive but it works.

BTW:

I took a look at your inventory. You are starting one of the hardest fights of the game with only one bottle of Elixir and 2 bottles of Ometochli Tincture. This is a joke! Your 20 bottles of healing potion are not healing fast and strong enough. They are only good enough at the beginning of the game. You were already warned more than once by me and another guy that you should not use them in hard fights but you are still doing it. No wonder that you can´t survive this, it is simply impossible like that!

Give me 20 bottles of Elixir and 10 bottles of Ometochli Tincture and i will try to fight for you.

EDIT:

I went to Tayasal with 50 bottles of Elixir, 10 bottles of Ometochli Tincture and 5 bottles of Tears of Ixchel and brother Michel and his Indians were killed so fast that they didn´t have the slightest chance. That means that i´m done for now and will only start a new game when the next big DLC is going to be released. That one will finsh the story of Charles then and after that the devs are going to start a new story with new characters. We´ll see...

I made a screenshot for you with the final decision of Charles which you were asking me about.

Attachments

• Final decision.jpg
    Final decision.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Reactions: A.H
Ah I see.

Well yea playing on easy is definately something else; for the Tayasal, I took 90 elixer and I ran out before I started fighting in the last battle!

But I think I will take a few days off from playing, then maybe reload old save and do Ksocheatem all over again, but the elixer won't make much of a difference since it is very hard to block attacks from the guardians heavy blow

1. I´m not playing easy (Beginner), i´m playing Normal (medium).

2. I never block the Guardian, i repeat or continue my group attacks in combination with Ometochli Tincture without stopping or pausing till my energie has gone, for not giving him too much chance to attack me. Then i run away till my health and energie are recovered and Ometochli Tincture is available again. Not even one attack without Ometochli Tincture. I save my game after every single success in case i´m dying in between and it works for me like that.

3. Also Tayasal needs 10 bottles of Ometochli Tincture and 3 bottles of Tears of Ixchel, so that 50 bottles of Elixir are enough in Normal mode. The combination of this potions are the secret of success in this game. Not a single one of them.

This game needs a lot more learning than AoP2, till you really can enjoy it. A fast run through without taking care of the right tactic destroys everything and only makes you hate it. The devs are giving a lot of possibilities for each situation and you only have to find out what fits best for you. On the other hand all this is giving a big replay value to the game and that is exactly what i expect from games to like them.

I think that it is a very good idea to take a few days off in your case because otherwhise you are risking to hate the game and that would be very sad. I´m shure that you will find the right tactics for yourself by the time and then you could start to really enjoy everything. At least it worked like that for me.

Found this very unusual map of Providence during gameplay some weeks ago but when i sail to the shown coordinates now, there is absolutely nothing at all. Do you coincidentally know what it's all about? Maybe some kind of prototype for future characters. xD

Attachments

• Providence.jpg
    Providence.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Who knows, maybe they are planning a big island with 2000 enemy fights against you, and when you kill them all then you have to fight 20 man o war with a frigate :rofl.

This is their idea of "challenge"

and btw, group attack does not work in hard mode, the guardian will attack you no matter what

Last edited:
Providence seems like a quest island that's not there until the quest begins. If you've played everything in the game and haven't seen it, then it must be for some future DLC.

Oddly enough, I've gotten a store price list for Providence once when asking the captains of merchant ships.

Hook

Back