• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Fame needed to join pirates.

Green Jacket

Sailor Apprentice
As i understand you need a certain amount of Fame (or whatever it's called) to join the pirates via the pirate lord on nevis.

I'm just wondering how far I have to go seeing I'm an unknown freebooter at the moment.

Also, whats the best way to regain positive rep? Ive noticed that donating to the church has been seriously nerfed in this mod. I'm not desperate atm to improve it, was just wondering for future reference.

From PROGRAM\globals.c:
Code:
#define PIRATE_REQFAME 50 //min fame to join pirates via talking to Isenbrant Jurcksen

You can use the church to gain a bit of reputation, but a large increase in reputation requires an exponentially large amount of money.
That is on purpose; otherwise it'd be too easy.

what's the 50(fame)points equivalent to? Infamous Pirate? or better? what file could the points equivalent/translation can be found?
I'm just wondering how far I have to go seeing I'm an unknown freebooter at the moment.
:ahoyI sink many ships and do missions from governors of different nations to increase my fame.

And as of reputation, you have to be evil for the pirates to have more respect to you.
If you've successfully joined them but you have a rep of Hero or something like that, the store owners and other pirates won't deal with you.

The calculation is pretty complicated. Big parts are:
- Amount of personal wealth you've got
- Whether you're married or not
- Average "Divide the Plunder" score

ooohhh..that is complicated.

But what's the 50 fame points equivalent to? :confused:

According to the game, 50 is "Promising Pirate", though that actually already starts displaying at 43.

Oh, so the next after promising pirate would be an indicator that you can join the brotherhood for sure.

These are the chronological order of fame:

1 = "Unknown Freebooter";
2= "Unknown Pirate";
3 = "Freebooter";
4 = "Cutthroat";
5 = "Promising Pirate";
6 = "Well-known Pirate";
7 = "Famous Pirate";
8 = "Infamous Pirate";
9 = "Dread Pirate";
10 = "Scourge of the Archipelago";
11 = "Scourge of the Caribbean";
12 = "Scourge of the Seven Seas";

uhm, what file did you find that "43=promising pirate" sire?

I didn't find it anywhere. I had the game calculate it for me and then used trial-and-error.
Use this in console.c:
Code:
LogIt(GetRankNameDirect(PChar, PIRATE, GetRankFromPoints(50)))
Change that "50" to other numbers and press F12 to see what name you get.

Oh boy..so you have to manually test it. :facepalm
I tried the code and turns out Fame Points from 43-70 = Promising Pirate. FP 71 is the start of 'Well-Known Pirate'. :pflag
There should be an indicator saying if you're now qualified to join the brotherhood since you won't know when the FP will turn 50.

And I also got this weird errors generated:

Attachments

• compile.log
    6 KB · Views: 167
  • error.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 149
  • system.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 137
Wow, LOTS of them! :shock

We could change the fame requirement to be 43 instead of 50. Actually, I think I'll do that.
As soon as you become a "Promising Pirate", you can join the pirates. Sounds fair enough, no?

We could change the fame requirement to be 43 instead of 50. Actually, I think I'll do that.
As soon as you become a "Promising Pirate", you can join the pirates. Sounds fair enough, no?
Fair Enough! :yes:onya

EDIT: What about the errors? I'm worried..:(

Last edited:
Error logs are nothing to worry about, unless you actually do notice something weird happening in the game.
I don't have the time anymore to thoroughly check it out. :(

Real life at play. I am no professional modders, I'm afraid. Rather, I am a professional ship's officer. :shrug

Been away for a few days and return to this :popcorn:

Thanks guys, been wondering why even though I've captured a hell of a lot of ships my ratings still unknown freebooter 4 hours in :p

I'll try saving my monies (only 6,000 atm even though crews is at 500,000), get married and try the other method of paying my crew:whipa

Quick question, I remember doing it on previous builds but I can't remember for the life of me which npc's you can marry. Is it only the govenors daughters?

I'll try saving my monies (only 6,000 atm even though crews is at 500,000), get married and try the other method of paying my crew:whipa
That's your problem...switch to 'Divide the Plunder' mode and divide that loot so your wealth will increase or serve nations and become a trusted officer and earn money/day from the lands given to you(money earned depends how big/wide your personal land is). The wealthier you are, the more fame you'll get.

And as Sire Pieter Boelen have mentioned to me, "As I said, it is the Wealth that is used for the fame calculation. So if you don't have much wealth, your fame will be lower than if you would have it." :)

Quick question, I remember doing it on previous builds but I can't remember for the life of me which npc's you can marry. Is it only the govenors daughters?
As far as I'm concerned(i'm obviously a bit of a tomboy playing this game) and I played as a "man"(my character - for testing purposes:checklist), yes, you can only marry governors' daughters/niece/etc., and of course, every pirate wants a governor's daughter, right? :wp :facepalm

As far as I'm concerned(i'm obviously a bit of a tomboy playing this game) and I played as a "man"(my character - for testing purposes:checklist), yes, you can only marry governors' daughters/niece/etc., and of course, every pirate wants a governor's daughter, right? :wp :facepalm

Thats a good point.... what about female characters.... or does the game just presume they only want to marry governors daughters too? :facepalm

Back